4

After Damian sacrifices himself for Lorri, she is unable to locate his corpse after the battle. She finds Dick's corpse instead, and ventures to the League of Assassins, where she will shape her own destiny from the ashes of her love.

☀︎︎

"Damian!" You screamed as he shoved you into the water.

Voices began to ring in your ears as your body drifted into the blackness of the deep water, the crushing weight stilling you.

"Justice, not vengeance."

"Who are you seeing, then? The animal?!"

"Run, Black Bird!"

"It's okay, Lorri."

"She's at peace."

"I'm going to stop Jason from killing the Joker because I love him."

"Grace is dead, and you are the next Black Bird."

"Grace would be proud."

"I love you, Lorri."

It felt like you were under water for hours before you began to claw your way to the surface, violently thrashing your arms and legs. You screamed, but there was no sound. Flashes of Damian's dead body rained in on your mind as something pulled you deeper under water, into the darkness of the unknown, into your subconscious. Something whispered "let go", and you silently screamed again, writhing your body as hands began to clasp around you, dragging you only deeper down.

You awoke in your bed, immediately sitting up and gasping for air. There was no water. There were no hands.

There was no Damian.

"Lady Lorrietta?" Someone called from behind your door. "Night terrors plague you again?"

You wiped your eyes, flopping back down into the sheets. You looked out your balcony to see the first few peaks of the sun over the mountain tops, the snow glistening. It was almost morning.

"No, Shiva." You replied, wiping your eyes. "Just regrets."

"I see." She muttered. "Shall I leave you?"

"No, no." You groaned. "I'll join the men, today."

"Very well." She finished, and her footsteps filled your ears before disappearing.

You reluctantly got out of bed, dressing in your uniform.

It had the League of Assassins spice, with the skirt that only covered the front part of your waist and backside, much like Shiva's, only black, and knee high boots. Gold decorations traced the outfit, and a red cape to top it all off.

It was an al Ghul's traditional style.

You slowly made your way out of your room, being greeted by a maid. She offered you morning tea, which you politely declined, and made your way to the training grounds.

Shiva was already there, along with the men bright and early. She welcomed you.

"It is good to see you, my lady."

"Thank you, Shiva." You smiled, before looking out upon the men. "The painting of Damian did not escape my notice."

Near your room, there was a wall of paintings of previous al Ghuls. There was even one of Talia. Recently, one had been hung up if Damian.

"It's beautiful."

Shiva let out a sigh of relief.

"He would have rather ruled by your side, my lady." She said, turning to you. "I do not doubt for a second he would in fact leave this all behind for you."