Aftermath

The window gently closed behind Damian, and he turned to greet you.

"Beloved."

You smiled warmly, closing your book. You adjusted in your bed, in nothing but a robe. Damian himself was in his pajamas.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your company?" You asked, making room on your bed for him.

"I missed you." He cooed, moving next to you, squirming into your bed and under your arm. He wrapped his own arms around your waist, nuzzling his face into your chest.

"How romantic." You laughed sarcastically. "To think, not a month ago, you hated me."

"I would never." Damian replied, sounding somewhat offended.

It was silent now. These midnight visits from Damian happened every night, or after patrol, if it took place. Bruce only took you on patrol every other night if there was no active crime the Bat Family was looking out for, and still made sure you both got your eight hours of sleep, so he would deliver both you and Damian home by midnight, before usually continuing the patrol on his own.

"Damian," you began. "what would Bruce do if he found out?"

"I've longed for your presence for too long to even comprehend the utter stupidity you just mentioned."

"Damian, we saw each other at dinner."

"Far too long." He repeated, looking up at you. He moves to prop himself up above you, one elbow on either side of your head. "I've watched you, wanting to see you, to feel your lips on mine, to touch you."

"You're kinky for a 10-year-old." You smirked.

"You speak as though you're older than me."

"I am older thank you." You reminded him.

"Only by a year.." Damian whined, flopping on top of you.

"Yes. A year." You kissed his forehead, and he nuzzled into your chest.

He shifted, and for a second, you thought he was going to kiss you.

He bit your neck!

"Damian!" Alfred heard you shriek, laughter in your voice.

He can make out hushed whispers and giggles through your door, and decides it's best not to disturb you. He sighs, making his way past his room, your night time tea in hand.

He makes his way to Bruce's room instead, almost shocked to find him in bed.

"Sleeping so early, Master Bruce?" Alfred asked.

"Yeah, decided it was time to rest up." Bruce looked to Alfred as he took a mug off the tray Alfred held. "Lorri didn't want her tea?" Bruce asked, motioning to the untouched tea cup on the tray.

"She was asleep by the time I got there."

Smooth.

"Ah. Any sign of trust between her and Damian?" Bruce asked, still suspicious as he watched Alfred set the tray on Bruce's night stand, removing Lorri's tea cup.

"Nothing new. Love takes time, Master Bruce."

"I know. Maybe it's for the best. Romantic ties can mess with our missions."

"Of course, Master Bruce." Alfred bowed, before exiting the room, smiling internally.

Bruce was far too late.