Introductions

Weather Master's episode still lingered in your mind

Weather Master's episode still lingered in your mind. How had he controlled the climate without his staff? Hell, how had he fought Super Man?!

"I could've driven us myself." Damian hissed from the back seat.

"After the stunt you pulled?" Dick asked, smiling. "You're lucky to be allowed within 10 feet of a steering wheel."

You weren't in the mood to defend him. After all, Damian is what got you this punishment. The engined revved, and you sighed, leaning back and closing your eyes.

"Nervous?" Dick asked.

"Kinda." You replied. "But, it might be a good experience for us."

"Oh, please!" Damian grumbled. "It's a punishment, enduring a bunch of school children."

"This is not a punishment." Dick said. "Hopefully, you two will learn to be a part of a team. And they're not children. They're teenagers."

"Worse." Robin replied.

"Don't tell me Damian Wayne is afraid of a little socializing. Hell, you seem to flirt with Lorri just fine."

The car fell silent, both you and Damian glaring holes through the window.

"Okay.." Dick muttered. "Maybe not."

You pulled up to a large, T-shaped tower.

"Not conspicuous at all..." You muttered, unable to fight the smile on your face.

Four people exited the tower just as you pulled up.

"Try not to behead anyone.." Dick muttered, before opening the hatch.

Robin jumped out immediately, slinging his bag over his shoulder. Nightwing rounded the car, offering you his hand, and helped you hop out. He grabbed your bag, and handed it to you.

"Thank you." You smiled.

Nightwing nodded, before walking over to Kori.

"Nightwing." Starfire greeted, shaking his hand.

"Starfire."

"It's been awhile." She smiled.

"I know." Nightwing replied. "You're looking good."

You snickered, before waving. "Hi, Star!" You greeted, quickly embracing her.

"Good to see you, Black Bird." She smiled.

"Oh," Nightwing caught on. "Team, this is Damian, the new Robin, and Lorri, the new Black Bird."

"Welcome, Damian." Starfire said.

Damian glared, before waking off. "I'll be in my room."

"Would you like to-" Star began.

"I think I can manage."

"That is one creepy mocoso." A boy said.

You crossed your arms. "Don't mind him. He's been bitchy for the last couple weeks."

"No," a girl in cloak said. "More like sad. Lonely."

••

You had introduced yourself to all of the team, but found a particular fascination with Garfield.

Garfield, or Gar, had green skin and pointed ears, with a flirtatious sense of humor, not different from your own.

The quick conversation you two had while he showed you to your room definitely made him more than likable. You ditched your bag, and asked him if you could have a moment to change out of your suit.

Gar agreed, asking you to be downstairs in time for dinner, since Jaime was cooking that night. He gave you simple instructions to the dining room/kitchen area, and said a quick goodbye, before leaving you.

The room was nice. You were just down the hall from both Gar and Damian, seeing as though he had been glaring at you two from his door before shutting it behind him. You assumed Jaime, Raven, and Kori were staying in the west wing of the bedroom area.

You unpacked your clothes, having only brought a few outfits, per Dick's instructions, ("You practically live in your suit there. Just bring pajamas and some street wear in case Kori takes you somewhere.") and made yourself at home, familiarizing yourself with the room. It was only slightly smaller than your one at the manor, and the closet was a decent size. You would fill it soon enough with clothes you would probably never wear.

When six o'clock rolled around, you made your way downstairs, per Gar's instructions. The smell of Hispanic seasoning and ground beef filled your nose as you closed in on the kitchen.

"Hey!" A boy, who had introduced himself as Jaime, greeted. "You're just in time for the comida!"

You gave him a friendly wave, and moved towards the dinner table. Only Kori and Gar were with you.

"Where's Raven?" You asked, looking around.

"I'm here." She responded, entering the room and sitting next to you.

Kori looked to you. "Where's Damian?"

You sighed. "Ignore him. He'll come around."

"Tacos are up!" Jaime called. "Serve yourselves."

"Tacos?!" You leaped up with excitement, grabbing a plate and filling it.