2

After losing her teammates, her family, she rebuilds her own family, but soon sacrifices everything she's built for Raven, and the world.

☀︎︎

"We need to find her." Raven told Damian, hardly even able to speak.

"Who?" Damian asked, but he already knew the answer.

"Lorri, Damian." She rasped out, before her eyes closed.

Damian looked down, and clenched his fists.

Fuck.

He hadn't seen you since the war two years ago. He didn't want to find you. He was pretty sure you were dead. It was the most probable scenario. But the tiny, annoying voice in his head said you were alive. That you were a fighter. That you weren't going to die that easy.

You had broken down when Dick died, unable to control yourself, even though you were in the middle of a battle. Last minute, before one of those things could hit you, Damian grabbed you, jumping into the water. You stayed down there for a good three minutes, and then resurfaced, hiding underneath some rubble and debris.

He didn't know how long you both were there, but when the coast was clear, you simply stood, and walked off. You were broken, and he was too.

He dragged Dick's corpse all the way to The League of Assassins' head quarters, and after being welcomed back, he practically chunked Dick into the Lazarus pit. If he couldn't have you, he had to have Dick. Unfortunately, something went wrong. Dick was alive again, but something was different. He was an animal. In the end, he had to lock him up, like a psychopath.

When Raven was conscious again, and Damian had changed into his old costume, she ordered the drunk bum to cast another "locator spell" for Lorrietta Wayne.

Constantine took a while, but he did manage to find your location.

"She's in Singapore." He muttered, crossing his arms.

"Do you know what she's doing?" Damian asked, a little shocked.

"It's a locator spell, kid. It locates."

Damian grit his teeth, but said nothing.

Raven transported them all there. Right after, she collapsed.

"Welcome, Mr. Wayne." A woman said.

Damian looked up to see he was in some sort of building. He didn't have time to question how this woman knew his name.

"We weren't expecting you either, Mr. Kent." The woman bowed respectfully. She wore a full body black cat suit, and a black domino mask. "I am Carley. May I asked what you are here for, Mr. Wayne?"

"He's with me." Clark said, stepping forward. "We need to see Lorrietta."

Carley tilted her head. "My leader is not open to visitors."

"Please, I'm here on behalf of Lois Lane."

Carley sighed. "Very well. Follow me, please."

Carley began to walk away, leading them down a long white hallway. Damian threw Raven over his shoulder, before following her.

As the hallway opened up, he saw hundreds, maybe thousands of people, both men and women, wearing matching outfits, same as Carley. They were all training, throwing punches, some in one-on-one matches.

"These are all?..."

"Black Birds." Carley replied to Damian. "Lorrietta has taken us all in. Someone had to carry on the Batman's tradition, wouldn't you agree, Mr. Wayne?"