Aftermath

You knew he would be gone for a long time. Perhaps it was time to work on yourself. Perhaps it was time to create better life. Damian was an unhealthy crutch, and you need to get by on your own.

Bruce became warmer, more open and welcoming. The emptiness you had felt before Robin had disappeared. Damian had brought you and Bruce closer together.

You still had your demons, of course. You would never forgive Talia al Ghul. But she had disappeared long ago. You were pretty sure she was dead. You hoped she was.

Bruce I told you stories about when he had gone to the monks. From the way he made it sound, Damian would benefit from this.

Speaking of Damian, there was no way of telling how long he was going to be gone. You were prepared to never see him again. Of course that made you sad. You loved him.

But you had others. Dick, Bruce, Alfred, and Kori had begun to make appearances around the manner for dinner. You still held a grudge against her, the same way you would never forgive Dick for forgetting Grace. But she seemed nice enough. A little too nice. At one point, she offered you a spot on the team she was leading. You graciously declined, saying it was "probably in the best interest of me and those poor souls if they don't hear me singing in the shower."

Your life was finally at peace. Not physically of course. Gotham will never be peaceful. You knew that deep down.

But Gotham needed a Black Bird. You knew that too.