Mario Cart

"He just makes me so angry!" You yelled, thumbs flying over the controller

"It's like he wants you to love him to lure you in, and then he goes around and does stupid shit without telling you!"

You picked up a blue shell, and chunked it at the nearest player.

"I mean, it's not like I'm worried about him or anything!" You yelled sarcastically, driving through a star and picking up speed. "It's not like I love him!"

"Winner, player two!" Rosalina did her victory animation as Gar stared at you in shock.

"You are really good at this." He muttered as you panted, holding the switch controller with a death grip. Gar cleared his throat. "But, uh, how long have you been holding that in?"

Your breathing steadied, and you put the controller down, resting your head in your hands.

"A while."

Gar put down his own controller, staring at the screen.

"I know we just met, and I know this was only supposed to be a vent sesh, but uh.." he placed a hand on your shoulder. "I'm here for you."

You looked up, smiling weakly. "Thank you, Gar."

He smiled warmly, removing his hand. "Any time."

"What happened to all that flirting?"

"Uh... I dunno... I guess my attraction for you runs deeper than just looks?"

You stared at him for a moment, before play punching him.

"Oh, come off it!" You laughed so hard you fell of his bed.

"Are you okay?" Gar asked, leaning over the edge of the bed, only for you to drag him down.

Damian grumbled from the other side of the wall.

"Meet new people." Damian hissed, throwing a birdarang on the other side of the room. "Yeah, might as well say, 'I'm seeing new people'."

What was this feeling? Jealousy? Yes, but there was something else there. Rage. He was absolutely enraged at you.

He looked out his window, upset by you and Gar's shared laughter. He didn't want to picture what you two were probably doing. It only pissed him off even more. Instead, he focused on a particular witch girl just outside the tower.

••

As it got later into the night, you and Gar met Jaime in the common room, and he invited you to a game of Jenga.

"Steady..." Gar muttered, pulling a block out as a chameleon.

At first, he managed to get the block out, only for the entire tower to collapse onto him.

"Gar!" You jumped up, digging through the wooden blocks, and pulled him out. "Oh, you could have been squished!"

"Yeah, I bet he's enjoying the free attention you're giving him." Jaime smirked.

"I should be small more often." The chameleon said.

"Jaime."

You looked up, to see Damian standing in the doorway.

"Yeah?" Jaime asked, skeptical. You yourself look to Damian with confusion.

"Perhaps it was a mistake to challenge you this morning without knowing the... full capacity of your alien attachment. I promise you, it won't happen again."

Damian then turned, and walked off.

"I'm sorry, did he just apologize to you?" You asked.

"You're shocked?" Jaime asked. "How often does he apologize?"

"He's never. Not even to me."

Gar shifted back into himself. "Aww! See? He likes you."

Jaime raised an eyebrow.

You spent the rest of the evening with the boys, talking about whatever came to mind, and even watched a movie together.

When you retreated to your room for the night, you wanted to see Damian. Perhaps it was your grogginess that had you like this, but you missed him.

You knocked on his door three times. You waited for a good minute, but with no response.

"Well, fuck you too." You muttered, before turning on your heel and heading towards your room.

You could hear Kori preaching to someone about how they had rules, but you were too tired to put the pieces together. You flopped down, retiring for the night.

 You flopped down, retiring for the night