Aftermath

"I'm losing him, Kori. I can feel it."

"Maybe it's for the best. You and Damian were all you two had. You're meeting new people. Maybe you were right, Lorri. Maybe those feelings were not love."

"I don't want to be right!" You sobbed. "I want him back! I love him!"

"Then maybe you shouldn't have pushed him away."

You awoke with a start, screaming. You panted in your bed, the darkness of your room calming you.

A frantic knocking came from your door.

"Uh.. yeah?"

"Are you okay?" Gar asked through the door.

"Yeah! Yeah, I was just having a nightmare."

"Oh..." You could see his shadow under the door. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah. You can."

You finished Grease that night. You tried to keep quiet, and you ended up breaking down in front of Gar about you and Damian's relationship.

"So you put you two on hold, why?" He asked, fully engrossed into the conversation.

"We had only ever been alone. Just the two of us, y'know? I thought it might mess with us while adjusting to a team, and I was right."

"You made the right decision." Gar assured you. "But now it's time to find out for yourself. Do you actually love him?"

"I-"

Just then, a sword cut through your wall, narrowly missing your head. You shrieked.

"What the hell, man?!" Gar yelled through the wall. "You almost hit her!"

"Keep your fawning over each other to a minimum! I'm trying to sleep!" Damian yelled through the wall, before plopping back down on his bed.

"Don't listen to him. He's in a bitchy mood." Damian heard you say.

"You always say that!" Gar replied.

"SHUT UP!" He screamed.

Damian didn't know it, but he had only overheard part of you and Gar's conversation.