10. Piano Meet

You made a little more effort to look good today

You made a little more effort to look good today. For the sake of one-on-one with Jungkook. Yes, you're pretty enough for everyone to stare at you but if that doesn't faze Jungkook either what's the use even to look pretty?

But again, the most humane thing is to not lose hope and keep trying, or maybe call it stupidity or being delusional. If he has eyes for someone, no beauty can change his mind. Jungkook has never been the kind to break any of his rules.

He's an athlete. He knows the game he is playing better.

If he is not with Rose, he has not yet thought about it. If he had made up his mind, there would be no other girl in the picture.

You have very little time. You gotta beat the time allegations and get him.

He's been friends with Rose for a very long time. You've seen them grow. Their platonic relationship too. You haven't seen him look at her that way yet. Your way is halfway clear. Halfway.

Gotta grab the opportunity when you can and you've earned a chance now. Don't know if you'll get chosen or not but you wanna try. Don't really wanna have regrets later in life.

You shut your eyes. Take a breather. Enter the room but instead of Jungkook, you find someone else seated at a bench playing piano.

There's someone beautifully playing the piano. It sounds so elegant and relaxing. It makes you want to not move and quietly listen to it all day.

The person has silky hair. He got little waves in them. His back was poised and his stature was one of the professional's. He looks professional cause he's in a tuxedo. A tuxedo. On this bright morning.

You step closer to take a look. He is not fazed. Too focused on playing the piano.

"Excuse me?" You called him

He doesn't turn.

You bend down a little and see his long slender fingers gracefully playing with the keys. Wow. You wanna compliment them but you don't. Super awkward it would be.

"You're good at this." You comment, listening to one of the masterpieces he was playing effortlessly.

He turns to see you this time and the lord genuinely has his favourites.

He was beautiful. Gorgeous-greek-beautiful.

He didn't look like any professor, he was a student like you. But then why was he wearing a tuxedo?

His lens enlarges as soon as he sees you. His fingers off beat. The piano stops playing.

"Sorry for the intrusion, I'm here for the audition." You look around, "But I don't see anyone here, hope I'm at the right place?" You're surprised how you've daringly completed the sentence in one go.

The social anxiety hasn't yet kicked in. Thankfully.

His lips gape. He looks enchanted if you're not wrong. "How even..." he whispers, "–like how can someone be this pretty?"

"Sorry?" You're blinking. Think you've misheard.

He gulps, frowns with his brows all squinting, looks down, looks up, rubs his neck and tilts his head. "Wait–what?"

You questionably hum and suddenly he realizes something and knocks himself down. You gasp in surprise. "A-are you alright?" Try to help him up but he slips again while getting up. He is almost panicking.

"I-I'm sorry." He backs off. Doesn't let you touch him.

Of course. It's YOU after all.

You hate how they're so frightened of you and your imaginary boyfriend.

You don't want those rumours anymore. It's exhausting now. To the point that it makes you hate it. It just makes things worse.

"It's okay." You extend your hand to help him up. "If you're worried about my boyfriend, don't." You sigh, "He doesn't exist." You urge him to take your hand and he looks clueless right now. Takes your hand nonetheless.

"There," you appreciate him listening to you and he breathes hard. Wipes his pants off. Stares at you. This time with no hesitation.

He wants to say so much but can't.

You're biting your lips a little nervously, waiting for him to say something. He does. "So, you're telling me..." he starts, "All this time, you never had a boyfriend?"

You nod.

He is speechless.

You nod again.

He steps back. Takes a turn. His hands are above his head. He's shocked. Turns swiftly towards you. "Oh my God."

You like this normalcy so much.

You shrug and he lets out a chuckle. His lips turned heart-shaped. You're mesmerized.

You smile and his chuckle turns into a sweet smile. "Haven't formally introduced myself have I?" His posture has changed. The confidence surged through him. Suddenly he's too charming. Not someone who was scared of you.

"It's sweet meeting you." He extends his hand towards you, "Call me Kim Taehyung."

♡♡♡

Amxnx