57. Mixed Signals

Rosé follows Jungkook who was headed toward the cafeteria. His hands scrambled his hair in uneasiness, "O-one Americano please." He takes out his wallet when Rosé slaps the canteen's counter, "Make it two please."

Jungkook drifts his head towards Rosé who handed the cafe guy her card while he flashes her a sweet smile, "Sugar?"

She gives him back a smile, "No, thank you."

The 'no' sounded much more like a rejection which made the cafe guy lose his smile a little but it was still there, "Noted."

An exchange between them made Jungkook bite back a smile.

"Jungkook..."

And the smile wiped off his face.

Rosé shifted close to him folding her hands on the counter, "Are you really intending to ignore me?"

He looks away, with a clenched jaw. He didn't wanna talk to her now. But when she tilted her head on his shoulder he couldn't hold his breath in.

"I was not in my right mind, I'm sorry." Rosé plays with her fingernails as Jungkook just sighs. "I shouldn't have asked you to leave." She adds, getting off her head from his shoulders, and turning to him fully, "I was flustered."

Jungkook shut his eyes, giving up. "That was very rude." He opens them right back to look at her, "I wasn't even planning to confess to you until your feelings were sure to me."

He looks into her eyes, "And you only gave me mixed signals, Rosé."

She nods in response, "I didn't have a clue that you liked me that much"

"No!" He whispered hard, "Every single day I have shown you how obsessed I am with only you"

Rosé tilts her head back not agreeing with him, "You did not, you flirted with every girl while giving me the same attention as them."

"I'D NEVER DO THAT TO YOU."

She scoffs, "I saw you." She looks away, watching everywhere but him, "You were smiling at a girl while explaining a problem, you brought juice for a girl a week before, you even call a girl baby, you keep complimenting girls, you hang out with groups and groups of girls... you've done a lot to show me that maybe you are doing the same with me."

Jungkook just stays silent as she continues, "Yeah, I sometimes get special treatment but who knew if you did the same with other girls behind my back."

"You think?" He asks,

Rosé slaps her head in her palms, "No, not now. Since you confessed to me."

He tucks his tongue inside his cheek, "So you just saw me as a playboy?"

She groans, "No, but-"

"BUT?" Jungkook voices out, "Are you kidding me?" He grits his teeth, being angry, "Whatever you mentioned right now were just simple gestures of a friend and... yeah calling "Baby" he double quotes it with his two fingers in the air, "I literally call everyone baby, including Taehyung and Jimin. It's nothing that matters to me. It's a simple nickname with no significance to me"

She stays bewildered as he keeps talking.

"Have you ever seen me giving a girl a hug? A kiss on the cheek or playfully hit her or you know..." he throws his hands in the air, "Admiringly look at them the way I look at you?"

And Rosé paused. He actually did none of those. He only did that to her.

"Talking about doing anything behind your back, no Rosé, you got me all wrong!" He looks with hurt in his eyes, "I mostly am with you, and the other half of what I do is spent in the gym and boxing!"