56. Mathematician

_

_

Silence took over the library as only the sound of flipping pages was heard. Everyone planned to study together this week.

Exams were starting from next week and every single soul here was busy studying. Lisa and Rosé sat together with you, whereas to your opposite sat Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung.

Namjoon, Jin and Hobi went to the internet cafe together for playing games. Of course, their semester just started they were free.

As for Yoongi, he wanted to sit alone.

He was sitting in the room's corner with earplugs plugged in with his book open. His eyes focused on what he was studying all alone.

Something happened didn't it?

There was this lingering uncomfortableness on the table. Jungkook was quietly studying and Rose was stealing glances at him now and then. They weren't on talking terms. It was quite odd because Jungkook always kept teasing Rosé or wouldn't let her study but here he was sitting all quiet.

Taehyung pulled out an energy drink from his bag and placed it on the table, "I got an extra, anybody wants?"

To everyone's surprise, Rosé and Jungkook grabbed the bottle at the same time. Rosé's finger lay on Jungkook's as both of their eyes meet. They withdrew their hands at the same time embarrassed.

Jimin eyed Rosé and she tend to make some faces to him. They both were talking without even letting out a word and Jungkook seemed to notice.

Letting out a groan he got up from his place, "I'm gonna grab something to eat." He says, leaving as Jimin pushes Rosé off to go and follow him behind, and she does.

Sighing, you look back into your book only to hear a screeching voice from aside.

"Hey," Jimin said, taking his seat beside you and you sit straight suddenly feeling your stomach clench.

Okay, he wasn't even trying anything. Why did you even clench?

"Hey," You replied with a little smile, focusing back on your book and writing down a sum. This was dangerous, Park Jimin was hell dangerous and you had to try to not focus on him.

You pucker your lips, trying to solve the problem, maths was damn fucking hard and you hated that subject. Which was also the one you had to work the most on. You try doing it again until your books slip away from you.

Jimin grabs his pencil and meets your eyes, "Look here," he writes down an equation and hands you the book, "Try this method."

You blink and look down at the equation given by him. Without questioning you try to solve but stopped midway, you weren't getting the correct answer.

Bending towards you Jimin slides your book back to him, his fingers pointed at the second equation, "We're gonna use the principle of mathematical induction here."

He writes down the principle and separates the equation with an equal sign. "They will turn negative here, right?" He asks and you nod, meaning for him to elaborate further.

"Let's assume that the statement is true for 'n' ='k'," he writes down further, looking at you, "The equation is divisible to 64 now...." he focuses on solving the equation as you glance between his lips and fingers.

He was actually damn pretty. Very pretty to be honest. His lips were moving elegantly, his tongue licking them when he was too focused and you couldn't remove your eyes off him.

"So, 'S (n) is true for all'" Jimin placed the pencil down, "See how easy it was" he glanced at you only to see your cheeks flushed with dazed eyes.

The sight of you was breathtaking.

"Huh?" You blink coming to reality, stroking your gaze at the book and seeing the problem.

Your brows furrow and release a minute later. A smile covers your face, "Thank you, this was an easy method" You beam happily as Jimin assuringly nods, "Anything for you."

Damn, he was not gonna stop flustering you.

A beep from your phone takes your attention and to your dismay, it was from your parents.

You lock your phone suddenly turning cold. Jimin could suddenly see the change in you, "What's wrong?" He asked.

Looking at him you decide whether to tell him or not.

It was fair since he shared something really deep about himself yesterday, and you'd do the same, there was nothing wrong. But again you could really give him a headstart if he thought of liking you longer.

You knew you were slipping to him, it would just take a big move from him to give yourself to him how much ever you would deny and he needed to know whether to make that move or not after this.

"Come with me," You stand up holding his hand, "I'll get here soon." You responded to Lisa who seemed to look at you leaving.

Jimin who had his wrist under your palm came with you, "Where are we going?"

"To my parents."

His eyes widened as you took him over to the principal's office.

After reaching you leave Jimin's hands to see your parents coming out of the principal's office and their smiles fading the second they came out.

Your mother was wearing a black office dress, a coat under a neatly buttoned-up shirt with a white ribbon falling off her collar. A long knee-length pencil skirt beneath with fancy heels. Meanwhile, your father wearing the finest cloth suit and pants. His hair was pulled back neatly and a crore worth of watch exposed his hand's collar.

"You're here" Your mother adjusted her hair, removing her bun and letting her hair fall.

You see her, "Yeah, what's wrong?"

A sudden tight slap was delivered on your cheek that made Jimin flinch in his place.

Your face was jerked at the other side as your mom rubbed her hands together, "That was hard, but yes you deserved it."

Taking a slow breath, you look down not feeling anything as your dad chose to speak up, "Didn't we say you to be careful Y/n?"

You slightly nod as Jimin watch everything happening, confused.

"You're already a burden, on top of that did you really have to become a nuisance?" Your mother grits her teeth, looking angry. "You know..." Your father crosses his hands on his chest, "...You were really never like this."

Silently hearing them was all that you could do.

Removing out his phone, he types something and puts it back in his pocket, "Your monthly allowance is taken away," he eyes you, "Don't ever make us come here again or else..."

He clicks his jaw, "We'll take you back home."

"Let's go." Your mother takes your father away from your sight, rambling frustratedly as you watch them gone.

A hard breath left your mouth. It was as if oxygen access was back to you.

"What was that?"

You see a big frown on Jimin's face, "What was all of that?" He peers at your parents, "Who were they?"

A chuckle left your lips, "Parents."

His frown only deepened, "And why did they talk to you like that?"

Stretching your arms, you let out a grunt. "We got caught, baby."

You repeat, "We got caught trespassing the school gates last night."

♡♡♡

Amxnx