34. Crying Hearts

_

_

Love me from a distance - Emily Vaughn, Joseph Tiley, we're ok! ~ ⋆🎧✮⋆
_

You and Rose are standing close to the deck of the yacht. The breeze flowing past you heavily. The weather is a little gloomy or maybe it's just you. It's quiet.

"What was up with the mood back there?" You tuck your hair sticking to your face because of the wind. It was irritating you.

Rose folds her arms, her eyes at the sea. "You know Jennie, right?"

You glance at her, "What about her?"

"She kinda wanted to talk to him yesterday," She informs, "Knowing that Jimin was busy taking care of you, looks a little awkward you know."

You frown, "They're not dating, right?"

Rose shakes her head, "They share a history."

You don't get it. Just hum.

"I think she's here for him." Rose pushes her hair behind her shoulders, and squeezes her shoulders together, eyes on you, "By the way, can I ask you something?"

"Hm?" Why do you not like the way she sounds, "Sure." You don't want her to ask anything. You have no idea what you did yesterday. Might have done something regretful. Oh lord.

She hesitates a little but lets it out. "Do you like Jungkook?"

Your guts have been punched and your throat has run dry. "Huh?" You don't think you've heard it right.

"I felt like you do."

"Who?" You frown, again. Rose stands up straight, "Jungkook?" She's confused now. Did you really not like him?

"No, I don't." You chuckle nervously, "Why would you think that." You look away, fix your dress and keep yourself from looking her in the eye.

Rose laughs softly, "Haha, c'mon don't try to hide it." She tries comforting you. You don't want the pity. It's the last thing you could ask for. "Rose—" she cuts you, "I've seen the way you look at him." She pauses, "I know how the longing looks in one's eyes."

You want to dig yourself somewhere. Maybe throw yourself in the sea. It was so embarrassing.

"It's alright, honestly I get it."

Does she get it?

You turn towards her, paying full attention to her. "What do you mean?" She shrugs, clasps her fingers together, and looks at the nail paint Jungkook helped pick up for her this morning. "I like him." She admits and you're surprised how you're even standing right in your place at this point.

Finished. The game has finished. They like each other. It's over for you.

You listen quietly. She adds more words, "He's sweet," a tired sigh, "but he's dumb sometimes." She smiles, eyes on her nail paint, "It's kinda cute." You want only one thing. Death.