49. Little Broken Hearts

_

_

This was the demise of your crush on him.

It was nothing of course. It was easy peasy. You just had to get busy or do something to keep your mind off him.

It wasn't like you fell in love or something, but again why, why did it still hurt? Because you wanted something for the first time in your life and didn't get it? Or do you despise how little effort you put into getting him?

Or how your life knew how to go downhill always?

From having difficulty in speech and holding a conversation to attending therapy sessions just because your parents thought you were mentally ill, you went through a lot.

Starting a relationship to maintaining it in your childhood was always a difficult task for you. You have always remained alone until you were put in a normal school and eventually got used to it.

In the end, there wasn't a problem with you but with the surroundings, you were put in. Your parents never interacted much with you, to begin with, they cared less. You weren't kept in a normal nursery school but instead given private lessons until the psychologist decided to put you in a normal school like others.

Your parents didn't like the idea of it, the least they did was care for you and their reputation. As a girl they wanted you to grow up in a close environment but that led you to have an introverted personality and difficulty articulating speech.

After coming to this school you realise where you were placed at. You didn't know how to start a conversation but once you got comfortable you knew how to keep them going on. Lisa was the first one to approach you and here were you both as best friends.

She introduced you to Rosé and the rest others.

If you had a such bubbly personality it was because of Lisa. You were opening up but it was too late. You lost the guy you wanted to fall for.

Jeon Jungkook.

The first wish of yours is to remain unfulfilled.

Life was about success and failures and this was your first failure, so it was fine.

Jungkook finally confessed to Rosé and now you were left with no option other than to let go.

How much ever it hurts, you were the one to sit and see it all happen, if only you were an extrovert like her, or maybe if since the start you had confidence, probably he could've been yours.

Deep inside, you knew who was the one to blame.

"Shall we?" Jungkook opened the car door for you, waiting for you to get out of his car. "Yeah," You answered, getting out to see a small pretty looking cafe.

It was 5 pm. As promised, you and Jungkook got out for lunch.

He approached you first and apologized for acting so intensely in the morning. He asked for Rosé's well-being too and when you said she was with Jimin relief spread through him. He said he was also okay when later Hobi entered the room right after you left.