chapter one

Alexis Pierce

I'm always hearing them fight, Gemma and Harry.

Gemma Styles is my best friend, she has been since I was old enough to count my fingers. We've been inseparable since. Our moms are best friends, so that being I became best friends with Gemma. She's not much taller than me, brown eyes and long brown curls, a sweet personality.

Her brother, Harry Styles, is the opposite. I mean he is stupidly hot but a little shit. He's 6 foot tall for a teenager, brown curls and gorgeous green eyes that shines into any one's soul in the light, his personality is completely different from Gemma's. He is a bad boy, bad grades and only cares about one thing; girls.

Gemma hates her brother so much, I get why. She's only popular because of Harry. He doesn't care what he does even if it hurts other people and that's an issue because he's always grounded. I've seen him making out with a new girl every party I've been too even when he's grounded.

They always do whatever they can to get each other into trouble, it's annoying. She will tell on him for stupid things and the favour returns with Harry. It's like a game of ping pong. She does something and Harry has to do something to her her into trouble.

Harry does something and he gets in trouble anyway because Anne, their mom knows exactly what kind of person he is. She's married to Robin Twist, Harry doesn't have a good relation ship with him but Gemma does.

Harry doesn't get along with anyone.

His dad divorced his mom when he was 10 and Gemma was 8, he just never keeps in touch. He gives himself tattoos and he has heaps of them. I personally love everyone of them but some are stupid.

Like the topless mermaid?

I can't even get 10 meters close to Harry or Gemma pulls me away. She's very strict on siblings are out of bounds and I've been very lenient on that because Harry is just...sexy. He has a raspy voice, a deep one and I just love it so much.

But being that, I know a lot about Harry. He loves to play his guitar whenever and plays a song, singing and I love hearing him sing. When we have a sleepover and I hear Harry singing, it puts me to sleep instantly.

His voice can be so angelic. Angel material.

But being in a room next to Harry's also had a downside to how squeaky his bed is. I get uncomfortable by it, Gemma again hates it for the obvious but because I'm over.

He's literally insane.

I don't think his body count was that high because Ive heard the same name falling from his lips a few time so he's probably having sex with a few different girls. Which makes it no better.

But back to them arguing all the time. It's constant, no breaks. They're always yelling at each other and Ive put up with it for a good 9 years...Anne gives up and I don't blame her.

School started back a week ago, we were now year 11 at the same school we've been to our whole lives. I mean we met in the courtyards here in primary school.

We got along so well and we became best friends.

I'm still a virgin, Gemma isn't though. She's had sex with the same guy four times so her count is one. I was told to wait until I wanted to and I haven't really thought about it.

I do sometimes dread coming over to Gemma's just because they fight all the time but, what can I say? I love her too much. We were online shopping at the moment, asking each other if we liked the other person's clothes.

Harry opened the door and strides in, making us both look up. He opens the drawer, both of us looking at him. His jaw was clenched and green eyes flicking over the drawers. "Harry," Gem snaps her hand around his veiny wrist.

"What?" he mutters.

"What are you doing?" she says calmly. He yanks his wrist from her hand and walks over to my side. The smell of his cologne withers in my nose from being closer to him then I have ever before. "Harry!" she snaps.

"I'm looking for something!" he snaps back, opening the last two drawers while I sit in the middle of them both. He holds up a foil packet of a condom, scanning it. "Why do you have these?" he looks at her.

She snatched it out his hand, doing this above my head. "Give it back," she snaps. "Fuck off!"

"Why do you have that?" he grits. "I was looking for one but I didn't think I'd find one,"

"Why do you care?" she crosses her arms, sitting high on her knees, Harry leaning over me a little because of his height.

"You're to young for this,"

"Does it look like I care what you say?" she snaps again. I sigh, laying down by now. "So what if I've had sex?"

"You're to young—"

"Shut up, you were way younger than me, and I know it,"

"I was not," he fires back.

"Right...how old were you then?" she asks.

"That...doesn't matter," he shakes his head, growing angry. "That condom isn't my size anyway, that's a fucking toe warmer,"

Oh.

"You're disgusting!" she hits him. Oh for fuck sakes her we go. "Don't say that with me or Lex around!"

"Why would I care if you have your dumb childhood bestie over? She's only here twenty four seven!"

"At least I actually have a friend that's a girl, all you do is sleep with a girl and kick them out on the side streets!"

"Why do you care what I do?" he crosses his arms.

"I don't, I think you're an inconsiderate fuck who needs to buy yourself a brain instead of plan b pills!" she snaps and it makes me widen my eyes again.

Oh.

"Excuse me? I've never bought one of those in my whole life!" he yells.

"Its called a joke brainiac!"

"That's not funny!" he shouts again. "I only use condom you dick head!"

"Don't call me that!" she yells back.

"Don't give me a fucking reason too!" she shouts. "Take your toe warmer and get the fuck out of my room!" she screams, pushing him out the hall and slamming her door.

"Fuck you, you bitch!" he slams his door closed too.

I flinch twice. Oh my god.

"Sorry about that," she says like it's nothing.

What is wrong with these two?

//