chapter thirty seven

A week later.

Alexis PierceIt's been a week since I've seen or spoken to Harry and Gemma

Alexis Pierce
It's been a week since I've seen or spoken to Harry and Gemma. It's been a week since I haven't gone to school. It's been a week since everything went downhill.

I've been crying non stop since Louis dropped me home, Harry's tried messaging me but I've been trying to message Gemma but she blocked me on everything I had her on. It's been incredibly hard to be cut off by your best friend.

I don't know if or when she'll forgive me.

I do feel incredibly bad for dating Harry behind her back but I certainly don't regret it. I love Harry, that's what makes this so hard and reading his messages and not responding to them is incredibly hard too.

I told my mom what happened and she's disappointed I never told Gemma but understood why I didn't go to school. I've had Louis come over and he's been a huge help as well, but I just want Gemma back, nothing will compare because I want Gemma back before anyone else.

I've been watching Netflix for the past week and Harry stopped messaging me about three days ago, making that a Wednesday.

Watching Stranger Things for the second time, my mom knocks on the door and pokes her head in. "There's someone here to see you," she says softly.

"Gemma?" I light my eyes up but she just pushes her lips together, leaving. I huff, but hear the door closing. Anne walks in and sits on my bed, looking tired in my opinion.

"Hi Lex," she says.

I smile sadly and close my laptop. "Hi," I whisper.

"I heard what happened..." she says.

"I'm so sorry, I've probably made Gemma very upset at everyone because she's mad at me," I say, my eyes already forming with tears.

She nods. "You have,"

"I just feel so bad for lying to Gem about Harry - I don't know why I did it,"

"I knew something was going on with Harry," she says. "He was acting a bit strange, I never expected it to be you,"

I drop my head. "I felt so bad for doing it, and I planned to tell her everything but I just left it for so long, to the point where she found out instead,"

"She's very hurt and upset," she says.

"And I'll never forgive myself,"

"I knew you had a crush on Harry though, since you were little," she smiles.

"I did," I nod. "But she's never gonna forgive me and I've just ruined her mood,"

"I know it may not seem like it, but I've been friends with your mom for a long time," she says. "And if you think we didn't fight during our times as friends? You've got another thing to look out for, she will forgive you because I raised her to forgive people, she just needs time,"

"It doesn't feel like she will right now," I sniff, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I know it doesn't Lex, but she will. She will, I know she will becasue no matter how many times I didn't want to forgive your mom about things, I couldn't help it, even if it's worse than this,"

I widen my eyes.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I'm not going to go into it, you understand," she said and I nod softly.

"How do I get her to forgive me?" I ask.

"You don't, she'll forgive you when she's ready, no pressuring her into it. It may not be today, or the next day, but she will, remember that," she tucks hair behind my ear.

I nod. "I'm sorry Anne, I never wanted it to turn out like this,"

"I'm not mad, I'm disappointed in you both but, I'm not upset or angry,"

"You're not?"

"No," she smiles. "I'm not,"

"Why?"

"Because, I had a feeling something was going on,"

"Oh,"

"But I really...need your help," she whispers.

"With?"

"Harry," she says, I look at her.

"Harry's a big boy, he can handle himself," I shrug it off, looking down.

"That's what I thought, but obviously not," she seems quite sad.

"How can I help then?"

"He's gone back into drugs," she says, my eyes widening. "Like..hard core drugs,"

My heart fell to my toes.

"The whole house smells like weed, he's locked his door and I keep leaving him food and stuff but when I go back to give him more, it's still there, untouched and or unopened. I'm extremely worried because I heard him throwing shit at walls and blasting music to drown it out,"

I didn't know I was holding my breath until now, my chest hurt.

I can't help him. He'll get the wrong idea and I don't to say whom anymore because of Gemma.

"If I help him...he'll get the wrong ideas and I don't want to give him false help...you understand?"

Her face drops a little. Then she nods. "I understand,"

"I'm sorry Anne," I whisper.

"I just need someone to get into his head and talk him out of it, he hates Gemma, he won't come out of his room and I thought you would help but I totally understand," she stands up.

I do feel bad, but I don't want to give him the worst feeling. I'd hate if he helped me out of care and then left; I wouldn't feel to good about it and I want Gemma back.

But then, she mentioned he was doing drugs, and not eating. And that worries me excessively. I still feel so much love for Harry and I want him to be okay. I watch her about to walk out my room about to close my door as I change my mind. "Wait-"

"I'll help," I whisper.

She smiles at me. "Thank you,"

//