chapter nine

I lean against his black car, shivering

I lean against his black car, shivering. I had my hoodie on and sweatpants while he put the clothes he has back on. We hadn't really said much since the bedroom events. "Hey..." he got my attention, biting his lip. "I hope that didn't make it awkward between us," he breaks the silence. I look at him, hands in his pockets as he kicks a pebble across the road, his head down.

"I'm trying not to," I whisper. "But you're Gemma's brother...and the second person to do that,"

"Why does that matter?" he then says, meeting eyes with me.

"Because if Gemma ever found out what we just did, she's never going to forgive me, Harry," I tell him, ignoring the side comment I added.

"I know that but, why do you think I've been so protective of you recently?"

I shrug, shaking my head in confusion. He sighs, meeting eyes with me again. "Because I've had a crush on you since I can remember, I've just...hidden it,"

"You hooked up with those girls though?" I whisper back.

"I know I did, that was to distract myself," he reminds me, I was zoned out when he got here. "Because I couldn't even get 5 meters close to you before Gemma would push me away or you away,"

"She's strict on this, that's why," I whisper. "She hates the fact that I used to try and talk to you,"

"I hated the fact you couldn't, I tried everything I could just to be near you," he sighs. "And now she's dating Zayn...maybe she'll be distracted," he shakes his head, like he's thinking about it again. "My baby sister and my best friend," he shudders.

"She looks happy though," I shrug.

"It's still weird, Zayn's like a younger brother to me so seeing my sister date him just...weirds me out," he shakes his head.

"How did you find out?" I ask.

"Saw her name in a notification and it was a message, he just told me then,"

"You didn't get mad?"

"Of course I did, she's old enough, and she's had sex so I assume they're going to fuck one time, who took my sister virginity again? I forgot," he asks me, knowing I know.

"A guy named Fletcher," I say, putting my hood up.

"Fletcher?" he says like it's a weird name, but I nod.

"Fuck me, I thought Tristan was a bad name," he tries to lighten the mood which makes me push my lips together. "Too early to joke?"

"Maybe a little," I say softly but smile.

He smiles and walks over to me, making me stop leaning on his car and stand up. He holds my sides under my hoodie and sighs again. "I like you, Lex," he whispers, tucking hair behind my ear.

"I like you too," I agree back, looking into his gorgeous green eyes that had a tint of blue to them. He cups my jaw, looking at the faint freckles on my cheeks.