chapter thirty eight

Alexis PierceWalking into their house, it felt so weird and she's right, it smelled strongly of weed

Alexis Pierce
Walking into their house, it felt so weird and she's right, it smelled strongly of weed. I cough a little, waving my hand in front of my face. Windows, back doors were open and it was silent in the house.

"Thank you again, Lex,"

"I haven't helped yet,"

"I'm thanking you in advanced," she says.

"To get into his head, we always...you know, and I just need to know that if that's the case...I'm allowed too, given everyone's here?"

"I give you consent to do that if that's what you need to do, it might be hard for Gemma but, it's to help Harry then do anything, with his consent,"

"Always," I just nod, slowly walking up stairs. I swallow and see all the doors closed and the windows open. I walk over to Harry's door, turning the knob but it's locked, like Anne said.

I knock. "Harry?" I whisper.

As I thought, there was no response.

I place my hand on the cold wooden door. "Harry," I knock again. He doesn't do anything yet again, I heard nothing from the other side.

"It's Lex," I say softly, hoping he'll open it but he doesn't.

"Can you open the door? Please?"

Nothing.

I stutter, I never know what to say in these situations. "I'm sorry, okay?" I put my head on the door. "It was never your fault...I shouldn't have blamed you," I shake my head on the door.

He doesn't say anything. Maybe he's asleep.

"Just say or do something so I know you're okay," my voice cracks. "Please, baby," I whisper.

I swallow.

He could be overdosing as we speak, the house smells strongly of weed. He could be ignoring me, who knows. That's the chilling thought.

"You once told me, that you wanted a tattoo that said; won't stop 'till we surrender in case we ever broke up, and I'm not giving up on you, no matter how long I have to stay out here for,"

"I love you," I say softly, sitting on my knees, head still in the door. The house was silent. "Please Harry," I whimper, voice breaking.

"I wanna make sure you're okay," I sigh.

"I'm not surrendering," I say. "Not until we both do,"

Nothing.

I start banging on the door. "Harry, please, just open the door," I say again. "I just wanna know you're okay, I haven't heard from you in a while, you're not talking to anyone and you haven't eaten, you must be so hungry baby and it hurts my heart,"

I see the pendent he gave me at the party, my lip quivering. "Harry...." I breathe out. "God I hope you're okay,"

I start banging my head on the door softly again, he still doesn't answer me. "Fuck sakes Harry," I toss my head back and let a tear roll down my temple. "Will you just open the door?" I bang on it, but nothing. I sigh.