257:hotheaded

They spent another forty minutes parked at a petrol kiosk just for Ezra to douche his ass with a squeeze bottle really meant for removing gunk in a baby's nose. Then MinJae decided that he should try to clean himself out a little more just in case of accidents. They spent another thirty minutes after, stretching each other out with the sex toys that sat in the trunk of Ezra's car.

An act that seemed sexier than it actually was.

By the time they were done, MinJae was burning for an orgasm; the sexual frustration pulsated between his thighs to the steady beat of his favourite dildo between his legs. It had been ridiculously easy to shift that irritation into anger for his soulmate's actions.

He didn't blame Amber that much.

Above it all she was his precious, precious lover and there was not much she could do to stop him from loving her. He'd still love her even if she were a serial killer that ate people for breakfast. But yeah, he was disappointed and most of what he'd said to her was true. He did feel like shit about the situation.

MinJae couldn't quite put what he felt into words, nor could he really verbalise the reasons why he just needed this meeting. But he supposed he wanted his mother to accept and like Amber; wanted her to see for herself that despite everything he'd done there was no hatred in his soulmate's eyes.

He wanted to show his mother that he'd be in good hands and he was happy in their unique polyamorous family. That despite what others might say about a relationship between eight people, it worked out fine because of Amber's beautiful soul. That they were happy and definitely happier than most families. In fact, they were, maybe, the happiest family on the planet!

It would have solidified his relationship with Amber, made things official.

Dinner was an awkward event, one that consisted mostly of praise and talk of Amber. But the conversation spiralled outwards, and the questions dug into Amber's weaknesses, the negative personality traits she had and things they didn't like about her.

MinJae knew his mother, she wanted to know the person, and not the goddess that stood at the forefront of their minds. The celestial being that she knew MinJae worshipped because of the excessive bundles of lilacs that flooded his head whenever he prattled on about her over the call. She believed that MinJae was overly obsessed, and she was worried that Amber would use that against him, against them.

She thought he was a fucking slave for her.

They defended her, of course.

And then his brothers started to get riled up, because they knew that whatever they said couldn't make up for the fact that the person they were defending wasn't even there. Dinner had ended with tension tight in their jaws and heat burning in the air like candy in coke waiting to blow. MinJae had been torn, distraught and horribly embarrassed because it was his mom. And so he was on both sides of the war they'd somehow managed to create within an hour.

And then JieMi decided to lie for her. The youngest had openly swiped through his phone, made a soft 'oh' sound in the back of his throat. The kind that would drive his fans mad with the need to protect, and result in thousands of video edits featuring him and a hundred baby bunnies. JieMi'd directed soft wide, Bambi eyes at his mother with a little sigh in his throat.

"She's sick, she vomited again." He pouted, just a little. "Some people helped her home."

Lies that MinJae didn't have the heart or ability to correct.

"Oh, no, Jae Jae." His mom glanced at his direction, gripping his wrist tightly with a worried dip in her brow. Despite acting like the big bad wolf that night with questions that tore at the foundations of their family, she was still first and foremost a mother that cared for her baby chicks. "You need to go home to take care of her now. And quickly. You know my recipe for soup, right? The one with seaweed—"