PART 27: Maliciousness

˚· ͟͟͞͞➳ 𝗬𝗜𝗡 𝗣𝗢𝗩

"War! What happened?!"

Without thinking twice, I headed straight for War's building after getting my car keys. Because I could only hear him screaming, I had no idea what was happening. When I asked him what was in the box, he simply replied, "Blood," in a voice that was shaking and I could hear how frightened he was.

Fuck that. What's happening?

I had no idea how fast I was driving the car because I was so worried about my boyfriend but I soon arrived at his building. Since I had the key to War's room, I unlocked the door without knocking because, in my mind, all I wanted to do was check on him.

"War"

"P'Yinnnn." He immediately ran and hugged me, burying his face in my chest.

"Are you okay?"

"What happened, baby?" I cupped his face to check whether he had any injuries and as I saw nothing happened to him, I pulled him into a hug again. Shit. I was finally able to exhale with relief since just a moment earlier, I was so terrified that something would happen to my boyfriend that my heart nearly burst.

My eyes wandered around the room and stopped at the box on the floor. "You stay here. Let me check it," I said and kissed his forehead before letting go of our hugs.

As I came closer to that box, I could smell something rotten and blood coming out of it. The scent was making me want to throw up, so I covered my nose and focused on the inside of the box.

"Who the fuck sent this?" I whispered to myself while frowning and my blood boiled up after seeing inside the box. There was a dead rat whose stomach had been disintegrated and pierced with nails.

"What is it, phi?" War, who was standing in front of the door, asked as he still didn't know what was in the box.

"You stay with me tonight," I told him while my eyes fixed on the box.

I then grabbed my phone and dialled a number. War only nodded when I told him to stay with me since he could see how irritated I was looking.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"I want you to check the CCTV who sent the box," I said to the person on the other line. Soon after we arrived at my place, War was sound asleep in my bedroom. I'm currently calling someone while sitting in the living room to find out who is responsible for this.

Who the fuck would do such a thing? Damn it.

Since I knew my boyfriend was still shocked, I didn't want to talk in the room for fear of disturbing his sleep and increasing his anxiety.

"Okay boss but it's going to take time because we-"

"I don't give a fuck about that! Do anything to know who did this!" I yelled harsher because I was still furious with whoever was orchestrating this and I was aware that his intentions were bad. Who the hell would give someone a box filled with dead rats and blood?

"P'Yin..."

I heard War called me and as I turned around, he walked downstairs with sleepy eyes.

"I will talk to you later." I ended the call and War sat on my lap, straddling me. He buried his face in my neck and hugged me, making me rub his back gently.

"Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I was asleep but woke up. You weren't by my side," he replied in a spoiled voice which made me smile at his behaviour because he was exactly like a baby. My baby.