volume ii. xiv

imo was gone.

leaving the general's mansion, he returned to the mountains overnight, where there was a mountain forest in the shen family courtyard, which was the lonely ridge where shen qingxuan's bones were buried.

standing in the only small courtyard in the middle of the mountain, the surrounding scenery is still the same, all kinds of flowers and trees have borne fruit, and ripe unripe fruits are hanging from the branches. when shen qingxuan was still living here, he liked to ask people to pick fruits from the trees to eat, but he did not eat those that were washed and laid out, in his words: the soul of the fruit has not gone far. from time to time, he held some freshly picked peach and plum in his arms, nibbling on the juices, or blinking sourly.

later, when he left the mountain and returned to the shen mansion, he also liked to hang out in the fruit forest every harvest season, and when he was tired, he let xiao bao ride on his shoulder and send him to the tree to pick fruit. xiao bao picked a bunch of them as soon as he picked them, all of them were ripe and sweet, they were carried down by shen qingxuan, and they sat on the ground, and those fruits were not washed and eaten, and when they ate to the end, they seemed to be drunk, their faces were red, and they lay under the tree with their stomachs held, and they slept heavily.

yi modu couldn't remember exactly how many times these two people who could eat fruit and fall asleep drunk were carried back to the room from under the tree.

now that the shen mansion has been annihilated, a fire many years ago has reduced it to rubble, and the pear peach fruit tree has disappeared without a trace in that fire. now that land has re-established a house, it is a family with a fang surname, and it is also the home of a merchant, but it is much inferior to the shen family in those days, and the garden is made of vulgarity, and the city is very well. imo never looked at it again.

only this mountain is still the same as it was a hundred years ago, with rocks and green trees, lush greenery, and the hot springs on the top of the mountain are still smoky all year round. not even the small courtyard had changed much, but it had not returned for two years, and the house in the courtyard had been decayed by the wind and rain, and a wooden chair next to the courtyard rose had decayed. the man who sat on the chair and sniffed the roses and smiled was also sleeping in the soil for a hundred years, turning into dry bones.

yi mo felt uncomfortable, as if something was pressed on his heart, and his panting became difficult, and he wanted to talk to people, but there were only birds and animals around him, busy preparing food for the winter.

yi mo went to shen qingxuan's grave, the bluestone tombstone was somewhat white, after being washed by time, even such a stubborn stone had faded a layer of color, and he didn't know what else in this world could be bright for a long time. the loess on shen qingxuan's grave was still there, but there was not a single weed, and the surrounding area was also cleaned up, obviously there were often people to clean it up.

yi mo knew that everyone who came to this mountain would go to this grave to see, wipe the dust, pull out the weeds, and on the day of the festival, he would also come to this grave to burn some paper and pay tribute. it was as if this little shen qingxuan had become the land lord of yongcheng.

thinking about it carefully, in fact, it was normal, more than a hundred years ago, the good news of his friendship with shen qingxuan spread throughout the city. the more closed the information, the more human beings are hungry for information, and the most trivial things can be passed on by word of mouth, from one city to another. they are all unobtrusive personalities, and this matter cannot be suppressed to be spread out.

when shen qingxuan was alive, he despised and spurned so much. summoning shen gongzi in person, he had to make up a rabbit grandfather behind his back. shen qingxuan died, but these people turned to say that he was good, what disaster relief and famine relief, donating silver to build bridges, repairing academies, etc., the wind was unanimously transferred, only saying that he was good and good, and those things that damaged people's morality and common sense were never mentioned again. when lianfu yaxiu county chronicle was repaired, this incident was smeared into a good story and cast into a local legend.