volume iii: xxxii

liu yan woke up for a long time, lying on the stone table remembering the previous events, looking down at his feet, the basin of face wash water that had been spilled earlier was still wet on the ground. so he squinted his eyes and looked at the sky, and the direction of the sun indicated that he had not been asleep for long. when he stood up, the cloth robe on his body naturally slipped from his shoulders, and liu yan squatted down to pick it up, and only then did his face show two points of sorrow.

that robe belonged to xu mingshi. he thought that this person was no longer there.

strangely, he didn't think about yi mo at this time, not at all. there was only a flash of thought in his mind, thinking that he might recover, but only a flash of thought. immediately after that, xu mingshi's face appeared.

from youthful arrogance to old age, there is almost no transition in between, just like a blink of an eye, he is old, and then disappears into the world.

liu yan couldn't help but raise his hand and touch his face, naturally smooth, without any lines. in this courtyard, both he and shen jue were a young man's face, and there were still many good years. only xu mingshi was alone, destroyed by the years into an old face. liu yan thought like this, and walked a few steps in the courtyard, following the footsteps of xu mingshi's past, looking at flowers and birds, and looking at ants and butterflies. stopping as he walked, liu yan squatted down, as if he were suddenly overwhelmed, and curled himself up at the base of xu mingshi's wall basking in the sun, thinking that he was really sorry.

what exactly i was sorry for, liu yan couldn't tell. i only know that xu mingshi is gone, the last side is gone, and in this world, he has one less person to worry about. when he thought like this, the sadness in his heart did not know where it came from, which made him feel very uncomfortable. speaking of his third reincarnation, it seems that he has always been a person with thin feelings, although he has never lacked righteousness, nor has he ever been stingy in helping others, but the people who really entered his heart and made him worry about him are still very few today.

he is always sober and accustomed, and he is too cautious, and his communication with people is in a degree, dripping water, like a circle without showing edges and corners, and there is no flaw in his self-containment, so no one can open his hard shell and sneak into his world, and all that can come in is his own hands. now there was one less person, he was sad without a trace of falsification, red circles buried in his legs, he maintained this posture, i don't know how long he sat.

shen jue came out of the kitchen with hot water, saw liu yan shrunk under the wall roots, hesitated for half a moment before leaning over and crouching beside him.

"daddy." shen jue shouted.

liu yan didn't seem to hear it, and after a delay, shen jue shouted twice before hearing liu yan ask with a nasal voice, "did he change his clothes?" "

"changed." shen jue said.

liu yan raised his head, the corners of his eyes were red but there were no tear marks, he thought it was clean and refused to let people see. standing up, liu yan took the hot water on the side and walked toward the room, he promised to do his own things, let him walk this life with dignity.

entering the room, bypassing a beauty screen, i saw a person sitting on the edge of the bed, making shoes and socks for xu mingshi, who was lying on the bed. that kind of black clothes scattered, wild and uninhibited back, who else but yi mo.

liu yan's hand trembled a little, and the hot water in the basin rippled, wetting the white towel on the side.

yi mo turned his head back, only glanced at him, and then lowered his head to continue what he was doing, with a look of concentration and solemnity that he had never had before. liu yan did not say a word, walked to the side and put down the basin, wrung out the white towel and went over to clean xu mingshi's face.