volume ii. xvi

ji jiu admitted that such a thing was not suitable for carrying with the goods in a camel caravan—not necessarily, but he did not want to drive a group of frightened camels on the road.

even though the lock was in the box, the snake caused a riot in the team. the spirituality of animals is sometimes unimaginable, and these thick-looking camels, when shen jue approached with the box, became agitated and retreated, and then frantically squirmed their thick lips and spat out a lot of spit at shen jue.

fortunately, shen jue dodged quickly, otherwise he would not have been spit on his face.

any animal has a spiritual nature and will rebel in the face of danger. ji jiu had no choice but to fulfill shen jue's wish and let him carry the wooden box at the end of the caravan.

on the way, it is inevitable to stop and look back, watching the young man walking with a large wooden box, even the atmosphere did not take a breath, and even the rough road he walked steadily, and the wooden box behind him did not shake a bit. occasionally, when the wind and sand hit, they reached out to block the box - completely unable to block anything, and there was no need to block it, but it was an instinctive protective gesture. ji jiu looked at it, and his heart inexplicably gave birth to a little envy, thinking that although this snake had lost its good man, in the end, there was another person who was willing to accompany him, and was willing to carefully protect him when he was asleep.

such a taste of being pampered was something he had never tasted before. his mother died early, his father had been fighting on the battlefield for many years, and he had no brothers and sisters, he was the only son of a great general in the dprk, how could he show a fragile appearance in front of people?

therefore, i never felt that someone should protect me. when he was a child, he was enlightened, sent to the academy to study, and got to know a friend like chang yin, but after two years of happy time, two years later, such a time was cut off. entering the imperial palace, when the prince reads, it is actually the meaning of hostages, held in the imperial court, to deter the generals on the frontier. but no one knew that since entering the palace, it had completely split ji jiu's childhood.

those innocence and kindness were torn apart by life, and the blood was thrown into the darkness.

the palace will not treat them well because they are children, but because they are powerless to resist, and the oppression will become more and more arrogant. in particular, his equally young prince was born to a woman who had long since fallen out of favor.

ji jiu occasionally dreamed back in the middle of the night, and would return to that place, the dark and dilapidated courtyard, even his family's firewood house was not comparable to the small courtyard, he knelt on the ground covered with rubble and rubble, and prostrated to the teenager in front of him. the emperor at that time, that is, the emperor now, clenched his fists and stood silently to the side, not even daring to shed tears. at that time, they already knew that in this place, tears were the most useless thing.

only when the soldiers are in the city and hold the power of life and death in their hands can those who were once on their toes kneel at their feet and bow their heads and admit defeat.

in fact, there is no other choice, when the princes are older, they understand that the child they bullied in childhood is the only son of the general of the dynasty, and he can be drawn over for his own use.

but there were some things they understood too late, and their mother reminded them too late, and those humiliations that had never been suffered had already forced ji jiu to the side of them against them- never ending!

this is life, the recklessness and sense of superiority of their youth, so that they unconsciously planted a secret rope in their fate, and one day, on the way to their behavior, this secret rope will surface, trip them, and then ruin their lives.