volume iii. xxiv

liu yan took him into his arms, and although he was dead, he didn't know when he would open his mouth again and bite himself again. he was not afraid of being bitten, the pain was nothing more than a fur for him passing through the battlefield, he was just instinctively worried, like a person walking under the hot sun, suddenly the sky above his head changed, and the rain poured down. what he was worried about was the moment, the confusion of the moment.

of course, he would not say these words, and there was no one to say these worries. he couldn't imagine himself saying to the snake in his arms: if you want to bite me, just bite me now, or bite to death. just don't, after i thought you trusted me, bite me off guard.

he was afraid he would hurt to the point of despair.

the word "afraid", liu yan just didn't say it, but he never escaped in his heart. he was finally afraid. fear of this world.

the mountains are up, the red dust is everywhere, the heavens and the earth are firm, if there is nothing to fear in your heart, then you should not be a man.

even the snake demon yi mo was afraid in his heart. even if he had the ability to do the tao for a thousand years and summon the wind and rain, he did not have the idea of disobedience, otherwise he might not have obediently allowed people to return to their original form, but would have fled around with liu yan and passed away in this life.

liu yan understood these reasons, yi mo understood, but shen jue couldn't think through them thoroughly.

shen jue said, "i don't believe my father has any other way." "

liu yan said, "what other way can it be better than now?" slightly, liu yan repeated: "now, very good." "

at least together.

together it is enough. the rest, liu yan is not greedy. when he first heard this ending, he also thought about whether he could produce variables, and liu yan thought that with yi mo's ability, he might not be able to escape. but what about escaping? he was just a mortal, and following imo was also a burden. if you don't follow, it is the suffering of separation. or, on their way to escape, they will watch their dearest people be wounded in front of them and die in front of them. that end was too tragic for them to bear.

rather than these, they would rather choose to spend their lives like this - together, even if they can't recognize each other, they are staying together, until the end of their lives, when they are parallel on the yellow spring road, they know that they have given each other, a good and unharmed life.

liu yan closed his eyes, gently wrapped his arms around the black snake in his arms, and pressed him to his heart. after a few days, the black snake had become accustomed to not resisting, lazily holding him and feeling comfortable.

shen jue looked at them, unable to refute liu yan's words, he knew that even yi mo might not have said liu yan, and he was talking about himself. or maybe he didn't want to argue.

as the son of man, i watched the reality of cruelty fall on my loved ones, but i couldn't do anything about it. this powerlessness has appeared too many times in his life, and each time, it is his dearest person, and each time, he repeatedly realizes his powerlessness.

it was as if he had not grown up, as if he were still the toddler, watching his father grow old overnight, his life drying up before his eyes. he held out his hand, trying to do something again and again, but each time he recognized his incompetence more deeply than the previous time.

he couldn't do anything. he couldn't do anything. can only watch them suffer while he is on the sidelines... can only be seen.

his outstretched hand withdrew again and again, with an unstoppable wind.