7

Santana's point of view

My eyes open once I feel the bed shift. Minhyuk smiles down at my me, pushing a piece of my hair out my face. I yawn sitting up and he kisses me.

Minhyuk: Goodmorning, Kihyun is cooking breakfast for everyone.

I stretch silently cringing as my bone snaps, he begins to laugh as of it's the funniest thing he's ever heard.

Me: Shut up. Is Jangee still sleeping?
Minhyuk: No, he's actually next door cleaning up his mess from last night.
Me: If I wasn't Cina's bestfriend she would've blew up our house.
Minhyuk: I wouldn't blame her. Even X knows not to shit in people's yard.

Speaking of X, the old dog has been doing better these days. Although I'm afraid he doesn't have much time with us. The thought alone makes me sad.

Me: Can you come with me to the shelter later today?
Minhyuk: Of course. Thinking of adopting another dog?
Me: Maybe, or maybe a cat.
Minhyuk: Cats are the worse.
Me: Not true! Treasure is adorable.
Minhyuk: Cina, Seonghwa and Yeosang forget they have a cat half the time.

I laugh.

After freshening up I go downstairs. I kiss each monster one by one, Jooheon pulls me on his lap and I smile.

Me: Did you apologize for hitting Changkyun?
Jooheon: I did and he made me take him to get a sundae.

Changkyun sticks out his tongue.

Me: That's valid because you're going to take me to get boba after I go to the shelter.

I slide off his lap and into the chair next to him as Kihyun passes out the plates of food. Wonho and Hyungwon snickers at his apron.

Kihyun: Shelter? What for?
Minhyuk: She's adopting a dog.
Me: Or cat!
Shownu: That would be nice. How's X doing?
Changkyun: He's okay, sleeping though.

I help Kihyun with the cups of coffee.

Hyungwon: I want to come to the shelter with you.
Minhyuk: No, it's a me and Santana thing.
Kihyun: Santana and I. We all should go and see what they have to offer.

Minhyuk groans.

Me: You and I can grab lunch tomorrow.
Minhyuk: You have to work.
Me: And I'll spend my lunch break with you. Who's picking up Yeonjun and Kai from the airport tomorrow?

Wonho raises his hand.

Me: Nice, and who's getting the chicken from the market.

Shownu raises his hand next.

Me: Thank you.
Shownu: I'll also get red potatoes since we're out of them.
Me: Thank you!

Jangee walks in sighing.

Kihyun: Scrub your hands and join us for breakfast.

I give Hyungwon a look and he frowns.

Hyungwon: Did you apologize to them?
Jangee: Yes.
Changkyun: Who we're you drinking with?
Jangee: Friends.

Oy vey.

Hyungwon: What friends?
Jangee: Get off my back.

I stab at my eggs.

Hyungwon: You were piss drunk by ten o'clock at night, we deserve to know who you were with.
Jangee: You're my cousin not my parent, remember?
Hyungwon: But while you're in this house I'm your guardian. Unfortunately for you there's no more exploring while you're here in Korea. you'll be in the house all-day everyday. Grounded.

Oh?

Jangee: What?
Hyungwon: Hard of hearing? You're grounded.

Minhyuk let's out a low whistle. There's certain people you don't want to piss off and Hyungwon is one of them trust me.

Jangee: This is stupid. I don't have to stay here, you know?
Hyungwon: You don't but you don't have anywhere else to go. That's why your mother called me.
Jangee: Of course she did! She can't do shit by herself because she's useless.

My eyes widen.

Hyungwon: She tries her hardest and you know it!
Jangee: What she does is her hardest? Pathetic. And you're her rich cousin who watches her struggles.
Hyungwon: I don't watch her struggle! I help anyway I can.
Jangee: Oh I'm sure you do, tell that to all the times I went without food or lights. No hot water to even wash my ass with.

He throws his plate of food across the room.

Jangee: Fuck you!

He storms off slamming the door behind him.

__

Hyungwon's point of view

I run out the house following Jangee down the street. That boy is fast when he's pissed off, I yell his name but he pays me no mind.

It's true, his mother fell on some hard times in the past. Very hard times, most of them I had no knowledge of. I love my family and always helped them anyway I could.

Jangee and I were close when he was younger. He was always like a little brother to me more than cousin. With his mother having him at a very young age she always talked about and looked down on.

Some members of our family don't talk to her solely because of that reason. It's stupid, but my parents and I always stayed around.

Me: Jangee!
Jangee: What?
Me: I'm sorry, okay? There may have been times where you guys have been in a hopeless situation and I wasn't there to help. I promise it was never intentional. I love you and your mother very much, we're family!

He rubs away his tears aggressively.

Jangee: I've had to watch her cry her eyes out over bills she couldn't pay, guys who used her, blisters on her feet from working three jobs. All she's ever asked was for me to be a good kid and for the life of me I couldn't even do that.

He sighs.

Jangee: I'm angry at myself, I hate myself for doing things I know I shouldn't. It's the only way I truly know how to express myself.
Me: Jangee, I can help you if you want to change for your mother. We can figure out the best course of action.

He acts tough but he's a broken little boy inside. A broken little boy whose crying out for help.

___

finished kotaro lives alone and it was so cute but emotionally wild every episode!