38

Santana's point of view

The boys are on their way over here for dinner and so far things are going smooth. Wonnie is in living-room talking and spending time with the guys while I finish up cooking.

I'm on my second glass of champagne because to be honest I've never had to be the mediator for two young boys like this before. Maybe back in college but that was different, these are my kids, they're brothers. So I need them to get through whatever this is.

Siblings fight for sure but with the kind of career Yeonjun has right now it's not like he'll see Wonnie everyday or even have time to really talk to him. Therefore negative feelings continue to grow.

I take the croissants out the oven before going into the living-room. Minhyuk runs over giving me a hug. I laugh as he sways us from side to side.

Me: Dinner is ready, just waiting on the boys.
Minhyuk: You look nervous.
Me: I am, what if they start fighting and I have to kill them?

He laughs.

Minhyuk: We'll still have Kai.

The door opens and the two come in smiling. They instantly go to the guys hugging them and saying their hellos. Kai jumps on top of Wonnie making the younger boy groan. Yeonjun rolls his eyes, he walks over to me giving me a hug.

Me: Look at your roots. Are they conditioning your hell well after all this dying?
Yeonjun: Mom! It's not that bad.
Me: It's crusty.

Kai grins giving me a hug as well.

Me: You guys grow taller and taller each time I see you.
Kai: Or you're shrinking.
Me: Oh you got jokes.

Yeonjun and Wonnie made absolutely sure not to sit next to each other at the dinner table, however they are across from each other so it's not all bad.

They still haven't acknowledged each other though.

Wonho: Yeonjun did you say hi to your brother?
Yeonjun: Hi Kai.

I press my lips in a thin line.

Wonnie: I meant Wonnie.

Yeonjun sighs.

Yeonjun: Hello Daniel.
Wonnie: Yeonjun.

Kai on the other hand is enjoying his food not paying attention to either or. I take a sip of my drink exchange looks with Shownu.

Shownu: So how are you guys? Everything good?
Kai: Yeah. We went to the states for a little bit and got on a boat. Beomgyu got seasick so Soobin took care of him.

I heard about that. San called me whining about his poor son, I told him it was a little sickness and would wear off but he wanted to be dramatic instead; I let him.

Yeonjun: Taehyun won me a plushie from the arcade, he's like a sweet little brother.
Wonnie: The sausage inhaling is crazy.

Kihyun chokes on his food while Minhyuk tries not to laugh.

Me: Wonnie!
Wonnie: Sorry, I meant to say how cute.

Oh lord.

Yeonjun: Taehyun also makes sure I pack my migraine hat before every tour. Beomgyu does too, they really care about me.

Wonnie raises an eyebrow taking a bite of his pork cutlet.

Jooheon: It's good you're close with your group mates! That makes longevity within' your career. How's school Wonnie?
Wonnie: Just peachy. Keeho and Hwasang make sure I take my vitamins everyday and eat. Like real big brothers.