37

Santana's point of view

"Oh motherrr!"

I smile at the sound of Wonnie's voice. He grins as he walks into the kitchen.

Wonnie: Seems like I came at the right time.

I made yellow rice with cajun shrimp. The guys are all sleep because of early morning schedules, the two of us sit down to eat and catch up because he's been so busy with school.

Me: How's my other sons?
Wonnie: Hwasang isn't the best with communication so he and Hana are going through something.
Me: Makes sense. His father wasn't always the best with communication either.

I stare at him.

Me: Neither is yours.
Wonnie: Hey!

We both chuckle.

Me: I've been meaning to check in on Chenle. Have you heard?
Wonnie: Yeah he didn't seem too down, maybe because he's seen this coming for a while.
Me: That's true but I don't want him putting on a mask. I need him to know it's okay to feel sad.
Wonnie: He spent a few nights over at his dad's the other day.

Spending time with Xiaojun is good for the both of them honestly. It gets to strengthen their father son bond so that's a relief to hear.

Me: And Keeho?
Wonnie: He's Keeho. You know nothing brings him down too easily.
Me: And you?

He shrugs.

Wonnie: I'm your son so I'm strong.
Me: That worries me! You don't have to be all the time.
Wonnie: I promise I'm okay. School is a little overwhelming but life wise I'm good. I have an amazing girlfriend, great parents, a great blended family..-

I frown.

Me: If it's all so great why are your eyes watery?

He's like his dad in a lot of ways. Hyungwon often hides how he's feeling and Wonnie does the exact same thing. He's seen as the tough or cold one and he isn't. He's actually sensitive which is why he guards himself.

Wonnie: Sometimes I get in the moods where I'm sad and won't know why. Then I feel bad for being in that kind of mood when I'm really blessed with life.
Me: Depression doesn't care how great your life is. You're going to feel it when you feel it. Don't feel bad for having those days, a lot of people are the same way you are.

He wipes his eyes with his sleeve.

Wonnie: I hate talking to you because I always end up crying.

I laugh.

Me: Not only am I a good therapist, I'm ya' mother too.
Wonnie: A great mother.
Me: Your favorite?
Wonnie: For sure.

"How hurtful."

A sleepy Hyungwon comes in kissing him on top of the head, then sitting on my lap. He starts to eat my phone and I start to whine poking his back.

Hyungwon: How's school?
Wonnie: Stressful. I like coming over here to distress and mom has this way of snatching tears out of me.
Hyungwon: I feel you a hundred percent. She did the same to me.
Me: You're welcome!
Hyungwon: Have you heard from your brothers.

He groans.

Wonnie: I talked to Kai but um..Yeonjun and I aren't seeing eye to eye right now.

I jump up making him fall.

Me: Why not?
Wonnie: The communication is off. He gets mad so I get mad.

Wonnie is a spit fire.

Yeonjun is a fire ball.

Wonnie has a wild ass mouth and so does Yeonjun. So I can only imagine how those arguments with. I'm an only child however over the years I've found a sister in both Cina and Char.

When Cina and I have our spats they're not the best. Why? Because we also have crazy ass mouths! But because of that self awareness we'll come together and realize what could have been said differently.

Plus when you have as big of an extended family as ours they don't let that happen for long. Seonghwa snatched me out my bed at two in the morning one time to talk to her. Wonho laid on top of her car until she agreed to talk to me.

Me: I think you two should take a second and definitely talk eventually.
Wonnie: I'm not talking to him unless he apologizes first.

I sigh.

Me: They get a break later this week so they'll be stopping home. I'll make dinner and you can come over and we'll have family time.
Wonnie: Of course, but I'll ignore him if he gets to acting stupid again.

That mouth? That came from me unfortunately.

Me: Patience and communication.
Wonnie: Mhm.

Hyungwon and I look at each other, this is going to be interesting.

___

<3