43 (part one)

Santana's point of view

Kihyun dances around the house singing it's our anniversary, and I can't help but smile. Another year my loves and I have made it without even the slightest doubt in each other (or killing each other.) When so many people spoke on our marriage failing or not lasting it became a bit irritating but then I realized who cares what a bunch of strangers think? I love them and they love me the end. That's all that matters and now we're here.

Stronger than the day we started.

I finish curling my hair as Minhyuk helps Hyungwon with his bow tie.

Shownu: What time is the reservation?
Wonho: Seven o'clock sharp so I hope everyone is almost ready.
Jooheon: I am! And I look good.

I look over at him and he really does. He winks at me once he sees me staring. Hyungwon comes up behind me snapping a new necklace on me.

Me: It's beautiful.
Hyungwon: Happy anniversary from me baby.
Kihyun: We were all suppose to give her our gifts at the same time.
Hyungwon: I didn't agree to that. Apparently neither did Minhyuk.

I smile at the heels Minhyuk surprised me with this morning . They're all black but the bottom is clear, I adore them. So naturally I paired them with a cute little black dress.

I do a spin in the mirror and smile. My booty is sitting nice, but my hater of a husband also named Changkyun insists on tugging my already mid-thigh dress down.

Me: You married a baddie so now you have to deal with repercussions.
Changkyun: So y'all just gon let her wear this?

They shrug.

Jooheon: It doesn't matter to me who looks because I know how to fight.
Shownu: Same.

Wonho rushes in shaking his car keys.

Minhyuk: Time to go!

My eyes light up like a kid on Christmas. We arrive at my favorite Italian place and the aroma itself makes me melt. They have the best garlic shrimp scampi and cajun pasta. Not to mention the staff is wonderful they're always so kind.

Shownu: Sorry we couldn't go on a trip this year. Our schedule is hectic with it being comeback season.
Me: It's okay. This is more than enough.
Hyungwon: How's work?
Me: It's great. Cina was actually thinking of having a private practice as well, so we'll be working at both.
Wonho: Your both going to be exhausted.

I grin.

Me: We will, but we love what we do.
Jooheon: That's all that matters but don't over do it!
Me: Speaking of over doing it..

We look over at Hyungwon who has a mouth full of garlic knots. Minhyuk pours me some more champagne and I thank him.

Kihyun: I've been trying to get Santana pregnant.

Wonho chokes on his drink.

Minhyuk: Is it working?
Me: Fuck off.

No matter how many times I explain to them Wonnie was a miracle it goes in one ear and out the other. I'm happy they have so much trust in my ovaries but not this time buddy.

Kihyun: I'm seeing a breakthrough.
Hyungwon: Why do you have to be the one to get her pregnant?
Kihyun: Because you did it last time!
Me: Again, a miracle.
Hyungwon: Maybe my sperm is magical.

The waitress smiles hella' uncomfortably as she sits a refill of garlic knots on the table. Changkyun and Jooheon try not to laugh.

Shownu: Maybe we shouldn't use words like sperm and magical in public.
Wonho: Or ever.

I nod.

Minhyuk: We shouldn't put too much pressure on her. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.
Me: Plus Cina will be pissed because I'm not doing pregnancy alone. I'll make her get pregnant again.

Hyungwon laughs.

Hyungwon: You guys are creepy close.
Jooheon: That's because one night they got super drunk in college and ended up fuc..-
Me: Aye aye aye! Shut up. She's my bestfriend.
Jooheon: Mhmmm.

Shownu raises his champagne glass.

Shownu: Happy anniversary!

We raise our glass and cheer.

__

All of our faces are filled with confusion as we look at our house. I could've sworn we turned off most of the lights. As soon as I open the door a burst of confetti smacks my face.

San blows the party whistle.

San: Happy anniversary!

Everyone else claps and blows their whistles as well scaring the hell out Minhyuk. Char and Cina run over hugging me.

Cina: The biggest and longest polygamy relationship out of all of us.
Seonghwa: What a series of events.

You're telling me!

Kihyun: This is touching. Is that a cake?

Wonnie, Yeonjun and Kai carry it over to us.

It has all of our names and a picture of us in the middle.

Me: Awww thank you boys! I thought you were still overseas?
Kai: Yeah but we wouldn't miss this for the world.
Yeonjun: Plus Uncle San called and threatened our manager to have us home.

Of course he did.

Rin hands me a bouquet of flowers.

Rin: You're so pretty Mrs.Son-Lee-Yoo-Chae-Im-Kang.
Yuta: It's like a God damn fan chant.
Me: Shut up!

The guys and I go upstairs to change into something more casual and comfortable. The rest of the night we spent with our extended family laughing and just being surrounded by love.

Once two in the morning hit everyone kind of dispersed, my sons even left to go crash at Wonnie's house. Leaving just me and my monsters.

Minhyuk smirks dangling handcuffs.

Changkyun: You ready?

Oh fuck.

__

FUCK indeed girl.