36

Santana's point of view

The doorbell rings and I wash the seasonings off of my hands before jogging over to the door. Shock is an understatement once I see whose at the door.

Me: Aaeri?

Aaeri is Xiaojun's wife. They're separated at the moment, they've been having problems for a while not but I remember hearing that they tried wedding counseling and it worked. Well it worked for a little bit.

Aaeri: Can I come in?
Me: Sure.

She follows me into the kitchen as I continue to prep the chicken for dinner tonight. Once I'm finished I make us both some mimosas. She thanks me but that distant look on her face is really scaring me.

Me: So what's up? I haven't seen you in a while.
Aaeri: I just got back.

Did I mention she's a runner? Every time they have problems this women will literally run away. I'm talking phone off, no contact, away to a different state or city.

The only reason Xiaojun can pinpoints her most of the time is because it's second nature to track someone down when you're an ex-mafia boss.

Now marital issues is marital issues.

But Chenle, he doesn't deserve any of it. He was so angry at his father for a long time until he grew up to see, his mother was a lot of the problem.

Aaeri: I know you've been there for my son a lot and I thank you for that.

Chenle lived with me for a month while Xiaojun hunted her down.

Me: No problem, any kid around me will be taken care of regardless. Thanks to that he and Wonnie no longer despise each other.
Aaeri: That's great to hear.
Me: Why do you seem so down?
Aaeri: Xiaojun and I just aren't working. Even with counseling, I'm tired.

I nod my head.

Me: Do you love him?
Aaeri: No.

Well damn.

Me: At all?
Aaeri: I feel like the longer we stay together the more we'll hate each other and I really don't want to hate him Santana. I don't, the good memories we have I would like to keep.

I see it in her eyes, she's utterly exhausting. It's not just him but some underlying self issues.

Me: What about Chenle?
Aaeri: I'm going to have a conversation with him, he's older now so he'll understand.
Me: Are you going to stay in Korea to coparent?

She shrugs.

Aaeri: I'll be here and there. I may go back to China for a bit to spend time with my mother. She isn't feeling the best these days.
Me: So why'd you come here?

She pulls some papers out of her purse.

Aaeri: Can you give these to Xiaojun to have him sign. Tell him to mail them to the address on the paper.

My blood begins to boil.

Me: Why don't you give him the papers? At least say goodbye.
Aaeri: I don't want to.
Me: You don't think you owe him that a least?
Aaeri: If you can't do it I'll have someone else.

Before I can think my body moves quicker than my mind. I practically sprint from around the corner but Hyungwon slides in front of me, saying hi to Aaeri.

Hyungwon: Sorry for the eavesdropping but you can leave the papers here. We'll give them to him.

She tosses the papers on the counter before standing up.

Aaeri: Thanks. See you around maybe.

She leaves and I let an aggravated groan.

Hyungwon: I seen the hit coming that's why so stepped in.
Me: She can't even serve him properly? She's a coward!

There's been so many times where Xiaojun has panicked and went through hell and back to find and fight for his wife. Meanwhile she barely sees her son, don't care about her husband and just spends his money.

I'm mad, more so pissed because you don't treat people that way.

Hyungwon: I agree. So are you going to go give your flower these papers?
Me: My flower?

He grins, rubbing his hand down my back.

Hyungwon: A flower you always take care of.

I sigh before nodding. He kisses my forehead.

__

Xiaojun's new house never fails to amaze me. I'm use to him living in a huge mansion so this domesticated homey house is foreign to see.

I make myself at home on his couch and he brings me some lemonade.

Xiaojun: So what do I owe the pleasure?
Me: Aaeri came to my house earlier.
Xiaojun: She finally shows herself? Chenle has been calling her for a week and she hasn't answered.

I shake my head.

Me: Is he okay?
Xiaojun: Yeah. I was just thankful he actual came over and vented out his feelings. It made me feel like I genuinely had his trust.
Me: I know the feeling. It's hard for teenagers to trust you but once they do it's a good feeling.

He glances down at my nails.

Xiaojun: You need a fill.
Me: You gon' pay for it?
Xiaojun: Of course, anything for my lamb.

I laugh pushing his shoulder softly.

Me: I'm here on Aaeri's orders.

He holds out his hand.

Xiaojun: I had a feeling. Give them to me.

I hand him the divorce papers and he sighs.

Xiaojun: It's been a long time coming honestly. I'm surprised we made it this far.
Me: I'm sorry Xiao.

He smiles.

Xiaojun: It's life kid. You better not cry.
Me: I'm not!
Xiaojun: Liar.
Me: It's out of annoyance. She pissed me off.

He stands up smiling.

Xiaojun: Give me a hug. Changkyun texted me earlier and said it was okay.

I blink.

I would hope so considering this is the same guy they let fuck me in like twelve different positions a few years ago.

I hug him resting my head on his chest.

Me: If you need anything you know where to find us.

He squeezes me.

___