THANKSGIVING SPECIAL CHAPTER

Santana's Point Of View

As we know in the previous holidays my husbands have burned food, forgotten food, bought the wrong bird, blew up the kitchen, and so on and so forth. So this holiday I made it very clear I'd do everything on my own. They didn't like that but I didn't care.

Because as I stare around at my perfectly cooked dinner I'm ecstatic, tired as hell but absolutely ecstatic!

Monster barks waving his tail making me smile.

Me: Thanks!

I've been cooking since four this morning and dinner starts at two. It's already noon so I need to start getting dressed. Kihyun and Minhyuk decorate the living-room while Jooheon mops the hallway.

Minhyuk: We're almost done in here then we're gonna' move on to the dining area.

I kiss his cheek.

Me: Good job.
Jooheon: I still can't believe you didn't let us help with the food!
Me: I didn't feel like eating takeout again for the holidays.

I step into the shower enjoying the hot water on my sore body. The shower door slides open and Shownu steps in.

Me: Excuse me?
Shownu: We save water this way.

I giggle as he pulls me into a hug kissing me.

Shownu: The food smells so good.
Me: Thank you.
Shownu: And so do you.
Me: Did you climb in here to get a quickie before thanksgiving dinner?
Shownu: Maybe?

I yelp as he picks me up pinning me against the wall.

___

Changkyun's point of view

We stare at the table full of food Santana worked so hard on.

Jooheon: It looks amazing!

Hyungwon and I nod.

Minhyuk: I wonder if she put extra sugar in the yams this year.
Me: Probably not because you're the only person that likes that.
Minhyuk: It's good!
Kihyun: It's too sweet, the nutmeg is enough.

Against out better judgement he grabs a spoon tasting it.

Minhyuk: Delicious but...

My eyes widen as he grabs the bag of sugar out the cabinet. Kihyun-hyung tries to stop him but of course he fights back anyways.

Hyungwon: I don't see this going well!
Minhyuk: I'm just gonna' add a pinch.
Wonho: Just add it to your own personal plate!

He goes to pour "a pinch" and accidentally spills almost half the bag into the dish. All of our mouths drop, he looks at the pan then back at us.

Minhyuk: Okay, I-i can fix this!
Jooheon: How? How in God's name are you going to fix this?

He turns on the water and we all yell.

Kihyun: Try to mix it in at least.

He takes a large spoon and starts to mix in his concoction, he addsw more water making me cringe but the whiteness is disappearing into the dish. Santana's once delicious orange slightly brown yams are now some watery sugar lumps courtesy of her soon to be ex-husband.

He covers the pan petting it softly.

Minhyuk: Problem solved!

A little while later people begin to arrive at our house. We've all been sweating and glancing at each other's. Santana and Shownu being none the wiser for right now.

Hwasang: Uncle Changkyun what's wrong? You look constipated bro.

I yank his lip ring and he whines.

Me: Where's Santana?
Hwasang: I seen her go in the kitchen to start grabbing the food.

Oh God.

I rush into the kitchen just in time to stop her from grabbing the yams.

Me: Hey honey let me grab that!

Her eyebrows furrow together.

Santana: Honey? What did you do?

Ah shit, honey always slip out when I'm trying to hide something.

Me: You're my honey and I'm thankful for you.

I grab the pan out her hands and speed walk to the dining room. I hear Shownu-hyung announce that we'll be blessing the food and eating soon.

Minhyuk: Did she notice?
Me: I grabbed the pan before she could!

Kihyun runs into the room glancing aroun.

Kihyun: So besides those diabetic bombs Minhyuk made we have another problem. I just remembered Santana uses brown sugar in her yams. You poured regular white sugar!

Oh these are gonna' be the most confusing sweet potatoes ever! Before we can come up with a plan the dining room starts to fill up with guests.

I try to focus on Jooheon's prayer but the vision of a Thanksgiving slaughter won't leave my mind.

Cina gets the first scoop of yams and I want to faint.

Yeonjun: Mom's sweet potatoes are my favorite. I've been thinking about these all month while on tour.

Welp. I'm so sorry son because uh...

Wonnie puts a spoonful in her mouth. I can practically see his soul leaves his body.

Wonnie: Mom you must've been heavy handed with the sugar.

That bluntness is gonna' be our downfall!

Santana: Really? I didn't taste them yet.
Minhyuk: The macaroni and cheese is amazing!
Char: My favorite!

The evening continues well so far but the confused faces once they taste the yams aren't loss on me. Santana eats some and her eyes widen.

Santana: That's not..

Oh dear.

Cina: What's wrong?
Santana: These yams are..-
Yeosang: Nasty as hell.

I am sweating!

Hyungwon starts chugging his glass of wine.

Santana: Jooheon, Kihyun, Hyungwon, Chang..-
Me: Hyung did it!

She sighs.

Santana: You're the youngest so which one?

We all point at Minhyuk except Shownu whose confused.

Minhyuk: I like my yams really sweet so I added some sugar while you were in the shower.
Seonghwa: Some? It tastes like you poured the whole bag!
Kihyun: He did.

Steam is coming out her ears.

Santana: I know you do that's why I made you your own smaller personal pan while I was cooking.

She pulls the foil off of a smaller square pan, orange brown sugar coated yams sit there smelling and looking delicious.

Minhyuk: Whoopsie.

Jooheon holds her back from killing him.

___

sorry for the late chapter but as i mentioned someone has been reporting all of my books so wattpad has been on my back about everythinggg, ugh.