30

I hear the door open and close downstairs but I'm still having a stare down with this girl in Changkyun's room.

Her: Oh! Are they home?
Me: You move one inch and I will smack your brains across the wall with this bat.
Her: See! I tell people online all the time you have a spicy side to you under your calm demeanor.

She thinks this is a joke.

"Santana! our blender is broke so I'm borrowing yours to make my protein shakes!"

My eyes widen.

Me: Yeosang come upstairs now!

I hear his footsteps race up the stairs. Once he comes into the room he has a confused look on his face.

Her: Yeosang? That name, ahh your best-friend's name is Cina and she's in a polygamous marriage as well! Yeosang is one of her husbands.

His eyebrows furrow together.

Yeosang: Who is she?
Me: I don't know. When I got home she was in here.
Her: I told you, I'm Monsta-x's biggest fan.

Fan? No fans don't do this, a sasaeng yes. Even MaeLynn knew not to break into my damn house.

Yeosang: I'm going to call the police, because this is some weird shit.
Her: Please don't! I don't mean you any harm.
Me: You broke into my house! And how do you know where we live anyways?

She rubs the back of her neck.

Her: Sometimes fans leaves notes on Starship's building. One day I seen Minhyuk leaving and I may have followed to see where he was going.

Oh she's crazy forreal!

Yeosang: Are you nuts? You can't just stalk people like that. Why are you in here anyways?
Her: I just want to have merch no one else has.

My eyes glance down as I notice Changkyun's sock in her hand. The door from downstairs sounds again and this time it's the guys. It must be lunch time so they get a small break.

Yeosang and I exchange glances.

Me: Let's go, don't try anything funny.

She holds her hands up and begins to walk towards us. I stop her gently tapping her head with the steel bat.

Me: How old are you?
Her: Twenty, my name is Kimmy.

Figures.

Me: Pat her down for weapons.

Yeosang does just that and making sure to check her purse too.

Yeosang: She's clean.

On our way downstairs he walks in front while I'm behind. Once we're in the living-room she begins to scream like a banshee as soon as she sees the guys. They smile, but are more so confused as they look at me.

Me: Sit.

She sits down on the couch thats away from the boys.

Yeosang: Well, I'm just going to take your blender and go. You all have a lot to talk about.
Kimmy: See you later Yeosang!

He frowns.

Yeosang: Try not to kill her San.

I scoff, I'll try.

Me: I came home today and this person was in our house.

Their eyes widen.

Kimmy: I'm your biggest fan and I really really wanted to meet you guys.
Changkyun: So you break into our house?
Kimmy: Technically I didn't break in, your back door was unlocked.

I glare at Jooheon. I told him a thousand times after coming from the garden to lock that back entryway. Then I turn my attention to the sleepy golden retriever in the corner. Family dogs indeed.

Kihyun: Our fans would never cross the line like this.
Kimmy: You think they wouldn't.
Me: No, we know they wouldn't.
Kimmy: You're much prettier in person.

I swing back but before I can connect Hyungwon yanks me away by my hips. What pisses me off is her nonchalantness, like being a fan of them excuses this. Minhyuk pries the bat out of my hand while Hyungwon locks his arms around me so that I'm stuck on his lap.

Kimmy: I don't want to harm your family at all, I just want to tell my idols how much they mean to me.
Shownu: While we appreciate that there's other ways to do that. There's something called boundaries.
Wonho: We respect our fans so much and we ask the same in return.

She sighs.

Kimmy: I've been a fan since no mercy, Lee Hoseok? Shin Hoseok? I have nothing but love for you all.
Minhyuk: A lot of people have been fans since no mercy.
Kimmy: Yeah but not a lot stayed til' this day.
Kihyun: So that gives you the right to invade our privacy?

I stare in disbelief.

Changkyun: The thing is we're humans. Not just some singing and dancing puppets. We are living, breathing human beings.
Kimmy: Human beings that I love!

She's obsessed.

Kimmy: You guys have saved me more times than you know! Your music, your v-lives, your concerts, everything! You mean much more to me than the average kpop group.
Minhyuk: We're flattered, really. But we need you to understand that regardless of all of that, this isn't normal.

She scoffs.

Kimmy: So you're saying you don't care about your fans?
Shownu: Of course we care about them.
Hyungwon: Just not you at the moment because you did this and scared our wife. There's been people in the past that have tried to hurt her because of being our wife.

This is why we moved before.

Kimmy: I know, and I know how sometimes they stalk Wonnie on social media.

Hyungwon and I both jump at that.

Me: Don't mention him.
Hyungwon: Our son has nothing to do with this.

The boys are beyond annoyed but still trying to spare her.

Kimmy: The truth is I'm sick and I don't know how much longer I'll be in this world.

I squint.

Me: What?
Kimmy: Its true.

She digs into her purse pulling out a folded up piece of paper that she slides on the glass table. Shownu grabs it and scans over the results.

Shownu: A brain tumor?

She nods.

Well fuck.

___