3. Chapter 4

Andrea's P.O.V

Nat and I found ourselves on a flight to London. Nat insisted we showed support to Steve after Peggy's death. I personally felt he needed time alone. 

"Are you okay?" Nat asked as we sat in our seats. We didn't want to be too obvious about going to sign the accords so we took commercial flights and hid in sweatshirts and caps. I, however, was still a nervous wreck.

"I'm fine, I think I'm just gonna have a nap or something." I mumbled. Nat nodded and held my hand in an effort to ease my nerves. After taking off and knowing this was gonna be a long flight I closed my eyes and it wasn't long before I was fast asleep.

Vision:

Cold. I was in complete darkness and all I felt was... cold.

"Hello?" I called out to the void. But only my echo responded. "Is anyone there?" I once again asked to no avail. I wandered around for what felt like an eternity.

I knew I was in a dream, it was a weird feeling knowing I wasn't in the outside world. These dreams were becoming more and more vivid and I had no control.

When I felt myself waking up, feeling all of the energy rise back inside me, I heard one whisper. "Find the winter soldier."

End vision:

I jolted awake, Nat calming me down immediately so as to not draw attention. "Sorry, bad dream," I mumbled, Nat nodding in understanding. She consoled me for a few more moments before cuddling into me and telling me we still had hours in our flight.

When we landed in London, the cool air hit me like a ton of bricks. It was a dreary day as if the whole world was mourning Peggy Carter.

We hopped in a cab and found ourselves at the service, sitting in the back row awaiting for it to be over. I glanced at Steve who was looking at the casket with pure sadness in his eyes. His one love, lost for good.

I didn't know how I would feel if that was Nat in there. I know I would never be the same because even though we went through a lot, she really is the love of my life. Losing her would break me. She's the only person I've got that makes me feel... human.

I watched as Sharon Carter approached the mic and began speaking about her aunt. I could tell it was mildly awkward considering Sharon was undercover for Steve for a short time. But nethertheless, the service was beautiful and a wonderful way to say goodbye to a world hero.

As people left we watched as Steve stood in the middle of the walkway staring at the front looking lost. I gestured to Nat to talk to him whilst I remained seated in the pew and went over what had been going through my head.

The winter soldier was a name I hadn't heard in a while. Yes, Nat had mentioned it from when they fought him. When they realised he was Bucky Barnes. But I never knew him like that. In Hydra, he was their hero, their savior. The one they brought out when things were getting tough.

I can't explain these visions, but whatever they are they're telling me to find him. But I don't know if that's something I wanted. The winter soldier I knew was ruthless and would never stop killing. He was the symbol for Hydra. And I was supposed to find him? And for what? Peace of mind?

"How are you signing it?" Steve called over to me, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Sorry?" I responded expecting him to repeat his question. "How are you signing it. Knowing full well it puts you and your sister in danger. That you could be sent back to Hydra without another thought from the government. All because you have powers," he explained seemingly bitter about me signing the accords, as if I was his ally turned enemy.