2. Chapter 3

Andrea's p.o.v

When we landed at the Avengers tower, people came rushing on board ready to take Clint off and get him medical attention. Nat followed after them, but before they left the plane, my girlfriend looked at me worried and asked, "are you coming?" "I'll see you in a minute," I smiled sadly, to which she nodded and left me alone with Steve and Tony.

"Labs all set up, boss," Agent Hill announced as she entered the jet. "Oh, actually he's the boss," Tony told her, pointing to Steve. "I just pay for everything and design everything and make everyone look cooler," Tony smirked. I zoned out for a moment, the fight finally daunting on me. If I didn't have the bullet proof, I might've died. I owe that to Tony, he saved my life.

I turned back into the conversation, when Steve mentioned the two enhanced. "Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed on their apartment building," she informed the soldier. As they spoke, they began to walk into the tower and I quickly followed behind. I knew Steve knew I was there, but I didn't care, I needed to find out about these twins.

"Sokovia's had a rough history, it's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special," she added, glancing down at the tablet in her hand. "Their abilities?" Steve quizzed, glancing down at the tablet himself. "He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neuro electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation," she explained causing both Steve and me to look at her confused.

"He's fast and she's weird," the Agent dumbed it down for us. "Well, they're gonna show up again," Steve deadpanned. "Agreed. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts," she mumbled as Steve got into the elevator. I hopped in after him allowing him to speak. "Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" Steve sarcastically said causing a small smile to arise on my lips.

"We're not at war, Captain," she argued, causing me to roll my eyes. "They are," Steve told her before the doors shut. "You were awfully quiet during that, Echo, I would've thought you had something to say," he observed me as he spoke. "I wanted to know all of the information before I said anything," I replied.

"And?" He questioned, wanting my verdict on the situation. "I want to help them. Yes, they volunteered but simply because it was the only thing they knew. I mean they were orphaned at ten, Steve," I told him, sympathy pooling in my eyes.

"I know how you feel. However I get the feeling they will only listen to you. You used to be one of them, if there's any story they will listen to, it's yours. I believe you can help them, but don't rush it and don't make any irrational decisions," he warned me, before the doors opened on my floor.

"Goodbye, Steve," I smiled and waved at my friend before walking into the medical area. I spotted a glass room containing Dr.Cho, Nat and Clint. I strutted In with a grin on my face. "Now I know you guys missed me, but I've got more pressing matters. A robot told me I needed stitches," I announced, causing everyone's attention to go to me.

"That robot was Jarvis, artificial intelligence. But he's right, I can see you bleeding from here. Sit down and I'll stitch you up," Dr.Cho ordered. I sat down on an empty bed and took my suit off so it was hanging around my waist and my white shirt was underneath. She quickly placed her tablet down and sat opposite me, observing the wound before cleaning it and stitching it.

"Good as new, although you may have scarring," she informed me. "That's okay, chics dig scars right?" I smirked flirtatiously at Nat who rolled her eyes and strolled over to me and looked at my wound. "Are you going to get hurt every mission?" She quizzed, looking me in the eyes now. I knew she was just kidding, but I knew there was some insecurity behind that, she was scared I was going to get hurt. "I plan on it," I joked back causing her to chuckle and make her way back over to her best friend after determining I was okay.