4. Chapter 10

Andrea's p.o.v

2 years after the blip:

"Seriously Fanny, your shits are huge it's not funny," I groaned holding her lead in one hand while I picked up the poop in a doggy bag in the other. I very quickly threw it in the trash as the blonde dog looked up to me with a tilt of her head. "Maybe Nat and I weren't made for kids, huh, we can barely look after you. I mean it, if you chew up one more pair of shoes you're on the street," I huffed, knowing she couldn't understand me.

I continued our walk in the woods, content with how peaceful life was at the moment. We were still looking for the others, and Clint. But, we had become more focused on our life together, often taking trips and getaways together when things got a little tough. We found a therapist who had started practicing again a few months ago. She was a lovely woman who understood our story, at least as much as an outsider could.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing, and when I looked at the caller ID I gulped. Rhodey. It could mean a lot of different things when he was calling, and we weren't due a monthly check in which means it is serious. Was this it? Was he finally telling me Clint was dead?

I took a deep breath, taking a seat on a nearby tree trunk and distracted fanny with a couple of treats before accepting the call. "Hey Andy," he said, with sadness in his voice. "Is he gone?" I asked, looking up at the sky to try and stop any tears.

"I found him. In Thailand, he's planning some kind of hit. They call him Ronin now, he's become quite infamous. My lead is letting him stay at their motel just outside of Mueang Nakhonsawan, I suspect he will be gone at the end of day tomorrow," Rhodey explained and it took everything in me not to audibly gasp.

"Do not engage Rhodey. I'll grab a quinjet and be with you in 12 hours," I told him, knowing the jet's engines were a lot faster than that of a normal jet because of Tony's technology. "What about Nat?" The soldier asked, already knowing what I would say. "She can't know. She's out in New York with Steve right now, I'm gonna leave a note and say I'm going to visit Tony for a little while. Fanny will be okay on her own for a couple hours," I explained.

I didn't want to get Nat's hopes up that her best friend could be coming back. I'd rather have him in flesh and bones so she could really believe that he was there. If the mission fails, she doesn't need to be disappointed. So, the soldier agreed with me before ending the call.

Fanny and I jogged back to the compound. I gave her some fresh food and water before grabbing my suit and leaving the note. I hoped she wouldn't notice that my suit was missing. I was out of the compound within an hour and set the route on the Quinjet for bangkok.

Despite my tiredness, I made it on an energy drink and Rhodey was waiting for me with a smile on his face. I hugged the man tightly, having not seen him for a very long time. "It's so good to see your face again. No offence to Steve, but if he tells me not to work too hard one more time I might rip his dick off," I joked, Rhodey laughing but also wincing a little at the thought.

The man led me to a black Range Rover. He handed me some documents which I quickly began reading through. "What do we know?" I asked. "The people he's after are a part of some gang involved in drug smuggling. But that's not all they smuggle," he cleared his throat as I turned the page to some missing children cases.

"I might have to kill them myself," I confessed and Rhodey sighed a little. "Me too, but that's not what we do here. You know that. We need to stop him, he can't keep killing even if they are bad people," the man told me and I nodded my head in understanding. "So he's in a motel and where is his target?" I quizzed, seeing a map but not much of it made sense.

"A restaurant about 5 miles from him. They have a reservation around 8PM so we have an hour to make sure we're prepared," he informed me. I went over the plans and mentally prepared myself to face Clint and hopefully convince him to come home. He lost a lot, more than any of us. He needed his best friend back.