4.Chapter 5

Andrea's p.o.v

I soon broke away from Nat and glanced around at everyone as we all looked dumbfounded. We lost the fight. I wiped my tears as I moved to kneel beside Vision.

"Andy," Steve spoke, placing his hand on my shoulder, but I shrugged it off. "No. I need to take his body home. Wanda would never forgive me if I left it out here," I said, moving my face to wipe more tears onto my arm..

I could have teleported myself and Vision, but I didn't have it in me. Not after using all of my power to destroy the stone. I lifted his grey body over my shoulder and carried his body despite the protests of everyone else.

At the compound:

I arrived at the compound before anyone else did. I placed Vision's body onto a table and sat at a chair, staring at it. Staring at my failure. I felt a hole in my heart and a sense of anger rushing through me.

Before I knew it, I began smashing the place to bits. I grabbed every item around me and threw it at the wall or the ground and watched it all smash to pieces.

I only cried harder when I felt arms wrap around me tightly. "Shh, shh it's okay, I'm here," Nat whispered in my ear despite me fighting her. I broke from her and faced her, my hands shaking. "You don't understand! I killed Vision and myself to save everyone. I did it so my sister wouldn't have to. I did it and it meant nothing! And now my sister is gone! Bucky, Sam! They're all gone and it's all because I failed!" I shouted and watched as Nat gulped at my words.

It wasn't fair to her that I had all of these feelings. She had suffered too. She hadn't even had a chance to check on Clint or her family yet. She could have lost it all too.

"I should be dead!" I shouted, moving to cry into my palms. I felt hands grab onto my wrists pulling them away from my face. I looked into green orbs which were now holding tears. "Don't you dare say that! None of this is your fault. We couldn't do anything to stop this," she raised her voice, but she knew I needed it.

"Nat. We lost. I lost my sister. God knows who else we lost," I said, tears sliding down my face. She nodded her head as she pulled me into a tight comforting hug. "We'll get through this. I promise." She whispered into my ears.

We stood there, gripping onto each other for dear life until the sun went down. I hadn't heard anyone else come into the compound so I guessed it was just the two of us.

"Can we take a shower?" I asked, my voice not above a whisper. Nat simply nodded and we didn't say anything as we made our way to our bathroom and started the shower. We got in, the water scolding hot.

I looked down at Nat's body and saw all of the colourful bruises forming, and she did the same, tracing her fingers over mine. We were both grieving and we simply needed each other.

"You died," she whispered, looking into my eyes. "I died," I confirmed and watched as more tears appeared in her eyes, but she held them back for a moment. "What happened in there?" She gulped, and I found myself looking at the floor and watching the mix of blood and dirt wash off of us.

"I was inside the stone. I teleported there. It was like I had all of this power surging through me. I think I heard it speak to me, I'm not sure. But when I destroyed the stone I felt it tearing my mind from the inside out. I knew it could kill me, but I knew that if I didn't I could lose you. Or Wanda. Instead I killed my sister's love in front of her and then died myself and it all meant nothing," I said.

Nat grabbed my arms and dug her nails in there slightly. "You couldn't have known Thanos could turn back time. Just- please don't die on me. I saw the life leave your eyes. I never want to see that again," she spoke, her voice cracking as she spoke and the tears spilled from her eyes finally. As if she had been holding it all in.