4. Chapter 8

Andrea's p.o.v

"Okay, I'll head down for recon," carol said after she left the ship. I watched as she left in a golden ball of light and then watched Nat as she looked out of the window in awe. She kept her stone cold stature but I could see the amazement in her eyes, the slight relaxation in her body as if she had ticked something off of her bucket list.

I hoped that if she did have a bucket list, it was long. So we could do all of the things on it. I'd find a way to document it too. But as my thoughts ran away from me I felt a pit in my stomach. There were things I wanted to do with my sister, too, which I couldn't.

And as the thought settled, determination set in to get her back. So we can all have the happy ending we deserve.

"This is gonna work, Steve," Nat spoke to the soldier, confidence in her tone. "I know it will. Cause I don't know what I'm gonna do if it doesn't," he replied, making me worry slightly for the man.

But at the same time I didn't know what I would do either. I had a life without my sister, but that was before I knew she existed. She's had a place in my life for so long now I don't want to live life without her in it. The only reason I'm not 10 bottles in, or under the sheets never wanting to leave is the hope that we can get them back.

"No satellites. No ships. No armies, no ground defences of any kind," carol listed off, confused as to why Thanos wouldn't go all out to protect himself. "It's just him."

Rocket flew the ship down to the ground, we were fortunate enough that we could breathe this air. It would have been awkward if we all got off the ship and died from lack of oxygen.

"Okay, I need you to teleport into the building he just entered and lead him to that hole about 10 ft left so I can get a good shot," Carol ordered. I stepped forward but stopped when a hand grabbed onto my arm. I turned to see my wife and smiled softly.

"Be safe," she whispered. "Always," I grinned, before double blinking through the gaps in the wood of the roof. Within seconds I was stood in front of the titan. I pulled out my echo gun before shooting him with it.

It barely scratched him, but clearly made him angry. "You're supposed to be dead," he growled before lunging towards me. I teleported behind him and smirked knowing he was in place. And seconds later a golden blast hurdled through the roof knocking the monster down.

Carol then tackled him again before grabbing onto his neck and pulling in a move that was interesting to see. Bruce in his hulk buster suit appeared, grabbing his arm while the others helped hold Thanos. Thor jumped in and cut off his hand with the gauntlet on.

Steve and Nat then walked in to get any answers from Thanos that they could. But, we were all left shocked when rocket flipped the gauntlet for there to be no infinity stones inside. My heart dropped, and panic rose within me. Where were they?

"Where are they?" Steve said sternly as Carol tightened her grip. "Answer the question," Carol gritted angrily. "The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose... beyond temptation," he spat out.

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce spoke angrily as he shoved him to the ground. "You should be grateful," the purple titan spat out. I could see Nat breathing a little heavier, the panic in her rising aswell. We had too much to lose.

"Where are the stones?" Nat asked. "Gone. Reduced to atoms," he deadpanned. "You used them two days ago!" Bruce shouted once more, not understanding. But I knew. He used the stones to destroy the stones.

He laughed a little as he had seen what we had noticed and he grinned as he looked at me. "I am inevitable," he stated matter of factly. "We have to tear this place apart. He has to be lying," Rhodey was grasping on the last bits of hope. But it was already done.