4. Chapter 3

Andrea's p.o.v

I drank from my bottle of water as we were flying to Wakanda in the Quinjet. I couldn't help but look over at Nat and gulp. I had a lot to lose in this fight. This could be all or nothing. So when I looked at the love of my life, I took all of her in. Just in case I'd never see any of this again.

"Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0," Steve informed Sam of the directions. "I hope you're right about this. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to," Sam warned, but I knew he was right.

I glanced over at Vision who appeared to be in pain. It was interesting, a robot feeling pain. That was probably something I feared for a long time. Robots becoming self aware, that's what happened with Ultron.

"I'd give you an ibuprofen if I knew it would help with your pain," I gave him a soft look and he nodded slightly in appreciation. I then noticed him place his hand over Wanda's and squeeze lightly, letting her know he acknowledges her.

I looked out of the window just in time to see us fly through Wakanda's forcefield. I had never been but I knew it was beautiful from what people had told me. Nonetheless, I didn't expect its true form of beauty.

Sam landed the jet effortlessly and as soon as we walked out of the doors we had lots of people waiting for us. One of those people being King T'Challa.

"Should we bow?" Bruce asked and I hid the fact that I snorted at his question by coughing lightly. Nat elbowed me in the side in warning. "Yeah, he's a king." Rhodey responded seriously, and I already knew the game he was playing.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something," Steve introduced himself, knowing we couldn't stand around and wait. I turned just in time to see Bruce bowing and finally laughed as Rhodey confusedly asked, "what are you doing?"

"Uh, we don't do that here. So how big of an assault should we expect?" The king asked, turning around and walking inside the large building. "Uh, sir, I think you should expect quite a big assault." Bruce informed him, having seen Thanos himself.

"How we looking?" My wife asked curiously, trying to get as much information as possible. "You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Truve, the Dora Milaje, and...," he pointed at Bucky and my eyes widened in shock at how well he was looking.

"And a semi-stable 100-year-old man," he smiled, he and Steve hugging it out. "How you been Buck?" Steve asked, I could tell his mood lifted immediately at seeing his best friend. Although I always thought there was something more.

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world," he shrugged and I laughed. The long haired man turned to me and smiled. We all began walking into the building and Bucky began walking next to me.

"How are you... doing?" He questioned awkwardly. I let out a sad smile for a moment before looking at him. "I've had a lot of visits from T'Challa and his friends. They've helped a lot, I don't react when those... words are said anymore. Although it still kind of feels like my mind goes blank y'know," I explained to him and he nodded his head.

"I know what you mean. But I'm feeling a lot better now. My mind is clearer. But I can't seem to kick the guilt," he mumbled. Everyone else was muttering to themselves so they couldn't quite hear our conversation.

"Something brought me to you. Both of us share the same guilt. Once all of this is over and you start integrating back into society, perhaps we could help each other make amends," I told him. The man put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed in appreciation. "I'd like that."

We arrived in a room that was extremely high tech and definitely something I don't understand. T'Challa had his sister, Shuri, ready for us and quickly had vision laying down on a bed so she could scan him.