3. Chapter 5

Andrea's p.o.v

My eyes kept darting to the Prince. He did not seem like he was paying attention to his fathers speech. I felt like I was good at reading rooms. Right now this one was tense, but that was expected. But with Prince T'Challa, something seemed different. A curiosity, like he noticed something no one would have ever seen. And then-

"Everybody get down!" He screamed as he ran. Nat turned to her right, grabbing the closest person to her and ducking below the desk. I quickly teleported to a young lady that was a little close to the window before covering her with my body. All within split seconds before there was a loud blast and my ears began ringing.

I felt a sting on my forehead, and in my side. But overall I felt like I was fine. The woman beneath me, who would have been blown to bits if I hadn't approached, appeared unharmed. Just very shaken up.

"Get out of here! Take the stairs! Help anyone you can along the way!" I shouted, partially because I could barely hear myself talk. The woman stood and ran to the closest exit and I found myself looking around for any sign of Nat.

That's when my eyes landed on T'Challa holding the hand of his lifeless father. You could tell from metres away that he was gone. And I knew that would be a horrible thing for a son to witness.

As everyone started screaming and running, I looked to my side to see a piece of glass sticking out. It wasn't large, but enough to make me bleed. And I could feel blood trickling towards my eye. Overall from my assessment, I was fine. I just needed to find Nat.

However, she found me first. "You think you can teleport people out the building?" She asked after subtly checking me over for a serious injury. I did the same for her and determined, other than a few scratches and bruises, she was fine also.

"Yeah, I'll get anyone who can't walk out, meet you down there?" I quizzed. She hummed and nodded before we both parted ways, her helping anyone down the stairs. She was clearly worried, but didn't have time to worry.

I wandered around and shouted for anyone who needed help. I first found a woman who had a very sharp object in her leg, she was struggling to walk. "Hey, get on my back I'll teleport you down to an ambulance!" I shouted. She clearly recognised me as an Avenger and nodded her head quickly. I rushed to the edge of the open window before teleporting down with ease. She was clearly nauseated which was a side effect I couldn't help with my powers.

I proceeded to go back and forth until everyone I could find was out. By this time all services were there to help, including armed officers. Doctors were on sight and one approached me quickly, assessing my injury.

"I really need to work out more. Some of those people were heavy," I huffed, sitting on the back of the ambulance as he passed me some gauze for my head.

"You're a hero," he said. "The Glass. I do not know if it is deeper. I will need to do tests-" he said but I shrugged, pulling it out, wincing slightly. "No squirting of blood. I think I'm fine. What do you think?" I asked. He appeared frustrated by my actions but I was in a rush.

He grumbled something under his breath before handing me more gauze and then I stood to find Nat once more. I kept hearing murmurs of what happened, who died and more. But one name caught my interest. "Winter soldier."

I grabbed the news presenter that had been reporting the incident and they gasped as they saw me. "Echo, can I ask you to give your perspective on the events-" "look I don't have time for this. I heard you say winter soldier. What proof do you have?" I asked.

I didn't like to be so pushy and blunt with people but I was just in an explosion so I felt like I had a right. Without another word, clearly frightened, they handed me their phone with a video which showed the winter soldier. He was here. He did this.