3. Chapter 7

Andrea's p.o.v

I passed lots of people running, and I found myself directing them outside of the building. I couldn't quite remember what had happened in the past 15 minutes, I just knew I had to walk with purpose. When I found myself in a room with fighting going on I felt a pull to one direction.

I spotted Tony and Sharon fighting Bucky, but I walked past them and found Natasha, she had been speaking into her comms. "My mission," I muttered under my breath, feeling my brain become clouded by all other thoughts.

She looked up at me and tilted her head to the side slightly. "Not you too," she whispered before I lunged forward aiming to punch her in the face which she narrowly avoided.

"Listen Rea, this isn't you, you're being mind controlled," she pleaded as I kept lunging. When she realized I wasn't gonna stop she knew she had to subdue me in order to try and break me out of this.

I landed a right hook into her side but she took that as an opportunity to flip and wrap her legs around my throat and slam her elbows in my head. I teleported into the closest wall, her back hitting it hard making her groan.

"In different circumstances I would find this sexy," she mumbled under her breath before I grabbed her throat and slammed her down onto the table and I watched as her face began to go red.

"The least you could do is recognize me," she rasped with the little breath she had left. I didn't see the fact that she was grabbing something, I only felt the powerful electric shock through my body as I slammed into the ground convulsing. It quickly stopped and my vision was cloudy.

When I looked up at the bright lights, Nat stood above me. I let out a low chuckle, "using weapons in our fights is not fair," I joked as she let out a sigh of relief. She helped me up and dusted me off checking me for injury, me doing the same for her.

"I thought we had gotten rid of the mind control?" She quizzed, clearly shaken up by the whole ordeal, making me feel guilty. "Zemo. The mind control he used on the winter soldier was the same as the one he used on me. The other one was always just a temporary one," I told her.

She nodded her head looking at the ground, sighing. "You're gonna go after him and Bucky aren't you?" She asked, making me nod my head guiltily. "Can't we just retire? Leave all of this behind?" She added, hoping I'd say yes but knowing I wouldn't.

"I know what my dream was about now, Natasha. It was like my brain was warning me that my mind control was never really gone. I don't ever want to put you or anyone else in danger like that again. Once all of the avengers stuff has been sorted I can figure out how to overcome the mind control and we can retire," I suggested and she stared into my eyes as I spoke, as if she was trying to read me.

"You promise this is it? After this there's no more running," she quizzed. I leaned forward, moving a bit of her hair behind her ear and smiling lightly. "I promise. I love you," I spoke sincerely, watching as her face softened.

"I love you too," she muttered her voice low as she said it before she leaned in and kissed me lightly. I didn't say goodbye because this wasn't goodbye, we'd see each other again very soon, she understood that this is something I needed to do, she knew I would never forgive myself if I hurt someone as a result of my mind control.

So, I left the love of my life without looking back. I ran to the roof where I had heard commotion just in time for a part of a helicopter to come flying at me. I ducked out of the way of nearly being decapitated and then caught a glance of Steve and Bucky falling off the building.

I rushed to the edge and saw Steve bobbing in the water with an unconscious Bucky. I teleported to the dry land and gestured for Steve to come my direction, helping him get Bucky out of the water.