4. Chapter 6

Andrea's p.o.v

It was 3AM. The moon shined in our room and my blonde wife was fast asleep, her eyes scrunched in what was probably a nightmare. I wanted to wake her up, but I knew she would be upset because we all need sleep.

But I couldn't sleep, I had too much on my mind. We had managed to clean up and we would begin our search in the morning.

I stood up and got out of the warmth of our bed and crept out of the room, hoping I wouldn't wake Nat up. It didn't take me long to arrive in front of Wanda's old room. My hand hovered over the door handle but I couldn't bring myself to open it.

A part of me was worried Tony had it destroyed after we went on the run. I don't know if Tony would ever understand why we did what we did. Steve had explained more had happened with Tony while I was in prison, but he didn't delve into too much detail.

Taking a deep breath, I pushed down the door handle and walked into the room, shocked to find it completely unchanged. Like she had never left. I looked around, finding her bed neatly made. Her dresser was open from when she packed as much as she could for going on the run. Not that she kept any of it.

I glanced at the picture of her and pietro on one side and the picture of me and her on the other. The floorboards creaked as I walked along them and grabbed a sweater from a hanger and smelling it carefully, gripping the fabric with everything in me.

It didn't smell like her anymore, it had been too long. But I closed my eyes anyway, trying to remember everything about her. Tears fell down my face and onto the fabric as I pictured her easily. She was my only family, I needed to get her back.

I scrunched my eyes tightly as a throbbing arrived in my mind.

Vision:

I stood in darkness hearing a voice echoing around me. I couldn't quite understand what it was saying and I had to take a deep breath and close my eyes to hear what it's saying.

"Your mission is to get her back at any means necessary. It will come at a great cost which you must be prepared to pay." It repeated over and over again and I held my head as the pain became more unbearable.

End vision:

I gasped as I found myself back in Wanda's room clutching her sweater. I jumped when I heard the door creak open and Natasha walked in tiredly. "Hey, you okay?" She asked, her voice raspy from having just woken up.

Under normal circumstances I would have found it hot, but we weren't in normal circumstances. Half of the universe was gone and it was up to us to bring them back. And all of that started today. With the first step, finding Tony, or any of the team for that matter.

So, I slowly got up and put the sweater back where I found it. I then strolled over to my wife and placed my hand on her cheek, staring deeply into her eyes, taking in every single feature. I didn't know why, I just needed this moment to appreciate her beauty and know that after everything I've lost, I still had her.

For a moment she closed her eyes and held the hand that was on her cheek, taking a deep breath.
"We're gonna get them back," she said confidently. "And if we don't?" I asked. I could tell that she was worried about me. For the past few days I hadn't been eating, sleeping. I had barely talked to her.

I didn't want her to worry about me, I wanted her to be happy and the only way I could think of that happening is if we got everyone back.

"I'm going to go and get us some food from the store to fuel up for finding Tony. Are you okay to set everything up so we can talk to Carol?" I asked, to which the blonde nodded her head. For a second she hesitated on what she wanted to do before she simply kissed me chastely, just showing me that she loved me no matter what, and I appreciated it.