Chapter 14

Andrea's p.o.v

The dates continued after that, every week for three months straight we went on dates that made us smile, laugh, have deep conversations and just get to know each other well. We continued our theme of trying to bring back the childhood we missed, she took me paintballing once as a double date with Tony and Pepper. However with both of our great aims it's safe to say Tony and Pepper got whooped in the game. This date sparked the idea for me to take the redhead to laser tag, this time though, against each other.

It was havoc, whilst kids were running around screaming, Nat and I were tactically on the opposite ends of the field ready to shoot each other at any time. Nat won, but I liked to say that I let her win so I didn't lose any 'street cred' per se.

Other dates we had were more relaxed, like staying on our floor of the Avengers tower, watching movies and eating junk food. One date that was a recurring thing was simply going to the roof of the building and watching the sky. Nat told me she had always wanted to go to space and I hoped one day we would go together, so we could see the beauties of space that could never compare to her beauty in any way, she was better than space.

It's safe to say I'm infatuated with the ex assassin, everything about her made me smile, every joke, every sarcastic comment, every devilish smirk and much much more. I even worked hard to get Clint to like me, because my fear was that he (Nat's closest friend) wouldn't approve of me and I didn't want to put the weight of that on Nat. So, I took him on 'bro' meetings with Steve and Tony, where we all got to know each other and slowly I found that Clint began to trust me more.

I realized that he did trust me in some way when he walked up to me in a bar whilst I was getting the drinks in. He sipped his beer and looked at me with a small smile on his face. "You're a good person, I can tell that now, I'm sorry for hitting you with an electric arrow," he apologised, to which I accepted.

In the meantime, I had been training with all of the team members, bar those who weren't at the tower. I had been learning new strategies, and ways to disarm without killing unless absolutely necessary. My bullet wounds were healing well and I knew at one point they would simply be scars that adorned my skin.

"Yknow, guys dig scars, if you're feeling self-conscious about them," Steve told me as he stood behind me in the mirror with a friendly smile on his face. "Well that's not my problem Steve, my real question is, do chics dig scars?" I joked whilst putting my shirt down. "I mean I do," I heard from afar. I looked behind Steve's shoulder to find the woman I was falling for, standing there with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face.

"I think I'll leave you guys to it," Steve chuckled awkwardly before walking out of the training room briskly. Nat and I were left alone, each on the opposite side of the room, not making any immediate moves, both comfortable with the silence that surrounded us as we held heated eye contact.

"Want to train, Romanoff?" I finally asked, cutting the tension before it escalated. "I guess," she shrugged, before taking her shoes off and jumping onto the mat. I followed after her, both of us in a standoffish stance. "Don't go easy on me now, Widow," I smirked. "I would never," she responded.

I lunged first, going in for a punch, but she quickly twisted my arm behind my back and trapped my legs ready to trip me up. I took her by surprise by teleporting to the other side of the mat and rolling over so the tables were turned and I had her in a sleeper hold, however I wasn't holding it tight enough that she would actually pass out.

Before I could react, she twisted her body, causing my wrist to make an awful cracking sound as she caused it to click. Then followed her famous move where her thighs were quickly around my face and she flipped us over so I slammed to the mat with a groan. She then jumped on top of me and held my wrists down so she was holding me down.