2. Chapter 8

Andrea's p.o.v

"I'll take Natasha, Clint and Andy," Steve announced. Tony nodded and looked down. "Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the Nexus, I'll join you as soon as I can," Tony confirmed. "Take as long as you need," I rolled my eyes sarcastically. Natasha gave me a look, but I just ignored her.

I zoned out after that, simply playing with my navy blue mask. It didn't take long for Steve to call us to leave. I followed silently, too much was happening in my mind. Too many thoughts.

I opted to stay on the ground, slowly asking people to leave the area. When people saw my outfit, they knew something was happening. I listened to my comms, awaiting instruction.

"Two minutes, stay close," Steve whispered, entering the lab that held Dr.Cho. "Dr.Cho," Steve gasped. I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to listen in. "He's uploading himself into the body," her weak voice spoke. My eyes widened as I looked up trying to find sight of the robot.

"The real power is inside the cradle. The gem, it's power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the cradle to Stark," Cho announces weakly. "First I have to find it," Steve sighed.

"Go," Cho replied. I looked up and noted as Steve got back onto the quinjet and flew off. "Did you guys copy that?" Steve quizzed. I blinked twice watching as my lenses zoomed in. I gasped as I saw a plane taking off across town.

"I got a private jet taking off across town, no manifest. That could be him," I announced. My body twisted around as I saw someone smoking whilst sitting on his motorbike. I groaned and approached the man, punching him in the face and off the bike. "Sorry to do this, man, I gotta save the world," I confessed before driving off without more protest.

I noted that Clint started talking about a truck. I glanced down at my arm with the new GPS on it. I tapped it and saw Cap's heat signature ahead. I followed it and saw him on top of the truck. I trailed behind, awaiting a moment for something to happen.

I darted around other vehicles before watching as Ultron blasted Steve through the door of the truck. "Well, he's definitely unhappy! I'm gonna try and keep him that way!" Steve announced.

"You're no match for him, cap!" Clint informed the soldier, clearly worried for him. "Thanks, Barton," Steve responded sarcastically. I stared as Steve got back onto the truck's roof. "Incoming!" I shouted before teleporting next to him.

"Echo, help me keep him distracted," Steve told me. "That was the plan," I rolled my eyes. "You know what's in that cradle? The power to make real change, and that terrifies you," Ultron announces. I grumbled and quickly attacked the robot, using my knives to cut into the wires in hopes it would short circuit him.

I dodged a hit as Steve hit him. "I wouldn't call it comfort," Steve replied. The captain landed a big hit with his shield, angering Ultron. "Stop it!" The robot shouted. I lifted my gun shooting as many shots as I could before he lunged at me.

I heard the sound of a motorbike before Natasha appeared beside us and passed Cap his shield. "I'm always picking up after you boys," she grumbled. I teleported behind Ultron, distracting him momentarily.

"Peculiar, young one. I could use someone like you on my team," the robot seemed to grin and it made me sick. I punched the robot, feeling the pain shoot up my arm, but I kept hitting until Steve jumped and tackled Ultron onto a passing train.

"Awh, come on! Are you trying to make it harder for me!" I shouted. I quickly teleported onto the train, but with the speed it was going, I nearly lost my footing. Luckily, Steve caught me. I could hear the conversations of Nat and Clint, but I chose not to listen as I began fighting Ultron once again.