2. Chapter 13

Two months later:

Andrea's p.o.v

"Hey Siri, what time is it?" I asked my phone that was pretty much useless to me now that I couldn't see. "It is currently 3AM," the phone replied, forcing me to groan. I couldn't help but feel hungry in the middle of the night. It is what I got for staying asleep all day.

I pushed my hand out to reach for my stick and heard as it fell to the floor. In response to that, I simply got out of bed and decided to walk to the shared kitchen by using the wall as guidance. Why did we have to have a shared kitchen?

As soon as I thought I had reached the kitchen, I slammed straight into a door, groaning as I smacked my head. "Come on," I groaned, feeling around the door for the handle, but couldn't quite find it.

"Rea-Andrea? Are you okay?" I heard a familiar voice and felt my stomach drop. "Uh yeah, just trying to get to the kitchen," I brushed off, aimlessly trying to find the door handle. "Where's you cane?" Natasha quizzed, I could tell she was judging me by her tone.

"Ah y'know, I thought I had super senses, figured I'd be able to tell exactly where I was going," I lied and joked at the same time to stop my embarrassment. "It's working well I see, y'know cause you're feeling up a wall right now," she giggled lightly.

I groaned and turned my back against the wall rubbing my face in annoyance. "I could help you," the woman suggested weakly. I took a moment to take in what she said, before slowly nodding in agreeance. I felt her hand on mine and I gasped inaudibly at her touch. She slowly led my hand to her elbow and we both began walking.

It was slow, simply because I didn't trust her not to slam me into another wall. We eventually made it to the fridge, and she stayed silent as I began feeling everything in the fridge to find what I wanted. I pulled out a couple of jars and turned to the woman. "Is this peanut butter and jelly?" I quizzed for confirmation.

"Uh yeah, it is," Natasha nervously replied back. I simply nodded and grabbed some bread, the feeling of the packaging familiar. My hand found a butter knife and I began to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "Do you want one too? I know you like a good pb&J," I asked her.

"Yeah, sure," she responded. I nodded and began making hers too, eventually I had two fully made sandwiches and I placed them on two plates for the both of us. I slid hers in her direction and began eating mine.

"So, do you do everything by touch now?" She asked me curiously. "Pretty much. I'm getting better at it. Last week I tried to make some chicken, turns out I got some beef. Took me ages to figure out why the taste and texture was different," I chuckled, the woman laughed along too.

Eventually we both had finished eating in silence. We made our way back with Natasha leading the way. I strolled into my room and turned around the door. "Thanks for helping me," I awkwardly said. "Listen Rea-" she began, but I wasn't ready for that conversation yet. "Goodnight Natasha," I cut her off. I knew it would annoy her but I already felt sick at the thought of the conversation she wanted to have.

"Goodnight Andy," she sighed. I nodded and shut my door, going back to my bed. I felt guilty and curious as to what she would have said. The past two months, when I got let out of Dr.Cho's care Natasha has been nothing but friendly, giving me as much space as I needed. We had only had conversations twice and it was killing me. I wanted the conversation but I wasn't ready for it.

The next day I was rudely interrupted from my much needed sleep when Steve threw a pillow at my head. "Ow, what was that for?" I groaned, knowing I probably looked a mess right now. "Wake up, I've got a surprise for you," he spoke, I could tell he was smiling.