4. Chapter 12

Andrea's p.o.v

4 years after the blip

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this!" I screamed, holding Nats hand tightly as a contraction passed. Nat laughed a little before saying, "baby, you were the one who suggested the baby first," she said.

It had taken us a few months to successfully get pregnant, and when we did it was one of the happiest days of our lives. We went to classes together, built the nursery in the compound. Often I found myself going to Pietros grave, talking to him (and Wanda) about the pregnancy. The morning sickness, the constant peeing, the kicking.

The whole thing gave me an urge to find Wanda and Yelena, so they both could meet their niece or nephew. I could tell that Natasha thought about it too, but we didn't show it. We talked about it often though, supporting each other in our grief.

Natasha soon got over her pride and we found ourselves at Pepper and Tony's lodge often. I found myself talking to Pepper about everything, being the only person who knows what it's like to go through pregnancy.

I remember a conversation with Nat in bed. She had her hand on my bump as she spoke, "I always believed if I ever had children I would sit talking to Laura about it all. She was always so good at giving advice," she explained and I comforted her as she cried at the thought of her best friend and his family, her family really,

The next day we even went to Clint's house, everything was left untouched. We were still paying off any bills because we were so sure we'd get them back someday.

Our efforts never wavered. We still often had meetings with the others, and Carol had come down a couple times during my pregnancy. We had somehow become friends during this. I also supported her when her friend unfortunately succumbed to cancer and helped her shave her head in solidarity to her friend.

Carol was the main person to follow leads, but we often came up short. Despite the fact, we never lost hope. This pregnancy gave me more hope and more drive to find them. I needed my family back.

And now, here I was screaming in pain as I was giving back to our demon child. Steve was outside in the waiting room ready to jump into uncle mode. He had volunteered to be the biological father and once we pulled the paper out of the hat we asked him if he would.

We made some ground rules and Steve was more than happy to take the uncle role. He explained that he had no interest in being a father but that he did want to make a difference even if that was just in our lives.

We did have to do a lot of research into whether the effects of the supersoldier serum would affect the baby or pregnancy. Which, after Tony did some tests, we determined that it didn't affect any of his reproductive DNA other than that the baby's genetics would be determined by his current attributes.

So it ruled out any past or genetic illnesses Steve might have had and it simply meant this baby would be fit and healthy. I also tried to do some digging into my own past to see if there was any part of me that could negatively affect this baby.

I couldn't find any family, but after a test I wasn't carrying any inherited illnesses so we felt happy to proceed with the pregnancy. It only took one try and it was a fun night with me and Nat after we found out orgasms help with the insemination.

"You're ready to push now Andrea, when I say I want you to push as hard as you can," the doctor said. I looked up at Nat in desperation. "Rea, I'm so proud of you, I'm so proud of what we've become. You're gonna do this, you're going to give birth to our beautiful child just a few pushes okay?" Nat assured. I nodded my head and did as she said.