2. Chapter 15

Andrea's p.o.v

I finished another training session with Steve, and I was really improving. I stumbled often but the suit really helped, it was really high tech in allowing me to use my senses to fight. If I ever did get my sight back, and I decided to go back to being a hero, I'd probably ask Stark to leave this as a part of the suit in case anything were to happen.

After changing, I planned to take a stroll outside along the grass, if I needed anything I'd probably call Wanda. But, before I could go, I was stopped by a voice calling after me. "Andy! It's me, Natasha," she introduced making me laugh. I was pretty good at guessing their voices by listening, especially as I would hear their voices when we were on comms during missions.

"Hey Nat. Everything okay?" I quizzed, stopping as she caught up to me. "Are you free?" She asked curiously. "Well I was about to go for a walk but..." I trailed off, waiting for what she was going to tell me.

"I wanted to take you on our date. There's a really cool hill around here. I figured we could listen to music, watch the sunset, or well I'll watch it and describe it to you, and eat some food," she suggested, her enthusiasm got lower as she became more insecure. It was almost as if she was expecting me to reject her.

I took a moment to think about it before nodding my head. "Yeah, sounds fun," I grinned. "Okay so I already prepared food, I got us a blanket to sit on because the grass is itchy, let's go," she told me, her excitement coming back rapidly.

"What would have happened if I had said no," I joked. "I would have had to go watch the sunset on my own," she replied. "We can't have that can we?" I teased. "It would be very boring," she remarked, and then let me know she was going to grab my arm. When she did I folded up my cane and put it in my back pocket so we could walk together.

"I'm thinking about getting a guide dog," I informed the woman so we wouldn't have to walk in silence. "Really?" She quizzed. "Yeah, I mean I figured I wouldn't be going on missions anytime soon, and when you guys go on missions I'll get lonely," I confessed. As I waited for her response I noted the change in terrain, and quickly lifted my feet higher so I wouldn't get caught up in the slightly long grass.

"How are you dealing? y'know with being..." Nat trailed off and I grinned as she struggled to say the word. "Blind? You can say the word Nat," I chuckled. "Yeah," she mumbled. "I'm doing good. I'll admit that at first I struggled. It was a big hit. But Steve helped me a lot, I spoke to Tony a few times who gave me some helpful advice and having Wanda there as a sister was really uplifting. I don't know, just knowing I'm not alone in life is really good," I explained.

"You'd never be alone in life," Natasha practically whispered. "I know, I got you guys," I smiled. It didn't take us long to arrive at the place Natasha was talking about. It was a slight incline though, but I navigated it. When we got to the top, Nat quickly began rolling out the blanket and placing the food down.

I sat down and I heard as she began playing music. Not too loud so we could still hear each other, just soft. "This is nice," I confirmed, feeling the sunlight on my face.

We sat, we talked and we ate. Nat did end up describing the sunset to me. It was such a beautiful description that I could picture it in my head. When it was beginning to become nighttime I sighed.

"Everything okay?" Nat asked, whilst chomping on some chips. "I know we already talked about it, but I wanted to ask. How do I know you're not using me again?" I quizzed, furrowing my eyebrows as I spoke, the thought hurting my heart.

"I um. I guess you don't know. I think we've got a lot to work through, hopefully together. I'm hoping that we can overcome my mistakes and I really hope you can trust me again," she let out. "Do you trust me?" I questioned, hinting at the time that she didn't trust me that day in Sokovia when we were on top of that building.