Chapter 9

Andrea's p.o.v

16 days later:

"It's been 16 days and there's been no movement in the base. Are we sure it's not abandoned?" I quizzed, looking through the camera we had set up at the window. When I didn't get a response, I turned around in confusion to see the bedroom door open. I squinted my eyes to see closer at the reflection in the mirror only to see the infamous Black Widow changing. I quickly averted my eyes back to the camera, not voicing anything I was thinking.

I felt myself becoming tired of watching the blank building that I almost lost concentration. However, just as I was slipping into my own thoughts, I was distracted by a small group of agents leaving the building. "Romanoff! We have movement, we gotta go," I announced, grabbing my jacket, sunglasses and a hat from beside the door before leaving knowing Nat would catch up.

Discretely I followed the group of agents, pressing my hand on my waist line where I held a gun. I heard footsteps and I recognised them as Nat's and felt myself visibly relax. "They're headed towards the mall. What could a group of Hydra Agents need to go to the mall for?" Natasha questioned me as we walked into the busy mall.

As we began to walk around, I felt a warm hand slip into mine almost reflexively. I looked down confusedly, but Nat didn't look at me. "We're married, remember," she said sternly before making us turn a corner.

"I staked out the mall a couple days ago. If we go this way we can cut them off at the end and we'll get a closer look," she informed me. We rushed around the corner, but before I could step out into the busier area of the mall, I was yanked back and pushed against the wall. She quickly placed her finger over my lips, warning me to be quiet. Whilst she looked out from the wall, I found myself glancing from her eyes down to her lips. Red lipstick adorned them in her true fashion, they were plump and looked so kissable.

I noticed the assassin's hand move up to beside my head causing me to break my gaze and look at what she was looking at. I noticed the group of agents walk past us before walking into a store opposite us. "I need to be able to see what they're doing without looking suspicious," she groaned, feeling at a loss.

"Kiss me," I told her in a burst of confidence. "What?" She asked, breaking contact with the agents to look at me in confusion. "No one would suspect a married couple to be making out. I might not be able to see them but you have the perfect view," I excused, causing her to nod.

She leaned in slowly and my breath caught in my throat as I anticipated the feeling of her lips on mine. I know it's for a mission, I know it doesn't mean anything, but that doesn't mean I'm not nervous for what was happening. Never once have I been nervous to kiss someone on a mission, this was different. Perhaps it was because I've never kissed a woman before, or perhaps it was the woman herself causing this nervousness.

Almost as if it was a reflex, I gripped the assassins jacket and pulled her closer to me before attaching our lips. It was a slow and sensual kiss, her lips moved against mine expertly. My eyes stayed closed whilst I knew she had one open. I turned my head to the side slightly more, almost ready to deepen the kiss. However, before I could get carried away the redhead pulled away with a deep breath. "We got all we needed. I need to write a report," she cleared her throat after she spoke. We stayed in the position we were in where my back was propped against the wall and her body was flush against mine. Her hand was against the wall beside my head and my hands held her jacket tightly.

Slowly, I let go of her leather jacket and her facial expression didn't change as she stepped away from me. The loss of heat made me feel empty, but I didn't show it as I faked a cough before walking in front of the Avenger as if nothing happened.