4. Chapter 11

Andrea's p.o.v

3 years after the blip:

"You were always a better runner than me," I gasped, doubling over to catch my breath, a stitch forming in my side. "If you did more cardio it wouldn't be an issue," she laughed, placing her hands on her head as a way to catch her breath.

It was this moment as the sun shone on her, the smile on her face, the roots on her hair showing. I would do anything for this woman, there wouldn't be a question about it. These years with her, despite the lack of our relatives, have been the best years of my life. I couldn't bare to think what I would do without her. What does one do without Black Widow?

I wished I could stay in this moment with her forever. Just her looking like an angel, all for me. It was perfect. But nonetheless, she spoke the dreaded words. "We have another mile until we're back at the compound, let's go," she laughed. When she saw I was giving her the death glare she started walking backwards with a smirk on her face. "If you make it back before me, i'll do that thing you like," she raised her eyebrow at me when I perked up.

"Wait really?" I asked, my eyes wide. When she nodded, I began running like my life depended on it. I did in fact lose, miserably. But my effort was noticed and was rewarded with what I had wanted despite the loss.

And whilst we were laying together, my head rested on her naked chest I spoke up something that was at the back of my mind, dwelling. "Nat, I think we should have a kid." As soon as the words left my mouth I felt her tense up. I would say I regretted the words, but I didn't. If she said no, it wouldn't ruin us, I just wanted to make the suggestion.

She was very quickly scooting out of bed, clearing her throat. "Nat, where are you going?" I sighed, wishing we could just talk about this. "I, uh. I forgot I promised Steve I would help him move to his new apartment. I'll be back in a couple of hours," she said, rushing her clothes on before leaving in the span of about 3 minutes.

About an hour later I found myself in Tony's yard, toddler Morgan running around with Fanny while we sat on the porch, looking over the water. The truth was, I had been spending a lot of time here with Tony and Morgan was giving me serious baby fever. The thought of having a child with Natasha seemed like a dream come true. But if she didn't want that, it wasn't the end of the world.

"She just left?" the older man asked, chuckling as he spoke. "Yeah we had just finished after 3 orgasms... each. She was gone so quickly. Good way to clear a room I suppose," I joked, but still felt slightly depressed about the fact that she felt she couldn't talk to me about it.

"It's not like I can talk to her. She's still not forgiven me for giving up and moving here with Pepper," he told me. "She's not mad at you. I think she felt she burnt bridges that she couldn't rebuild," I explained, the man reaching into the cooler and handing me a beer.

"So I assume it would be you carrying a child," he inferred, looking up at a giggling Morgan as she rolled on the floor, Fanny copying her. "If that's what we decided. Or adoption. Neither of these would be happening though, if she doesn't agree," I mumbled, sipping my beer.

"Have you given up? Trying to find them, I mean," he questioned. I didn't hesitate in my answer, "not for a second. I just also think we could be doing more with our lives. We spoke about kids before, and agreed we would wait until we could get the others back. But as time has passed, I've realized that we can still do it. If we do have an opportunity to get them back, we'll figure it out," I explained, watching as he nodded his head.

"Everything changes when you have a kid. Your whole perspective. The number 1 thing in your life becomes them. Maybe Nat's scared that if you guys have a kid, then it's final. It becomes too real, and the idea of getting her sister back, your sister, Clint's family, it's not there anymore. I can understand why she's hesitating. I would," he told me, looking down at his bottle.