Special Chapter: Darius

Author: Next few acts will hopefully help you become stronger.

I sit down looking towards the tri-tower of the Immortal bastion, which all Noxians know to be the capital and strongest city in all of Noxus. Normally I would watch it with a proud gaze but not today.

Darius: I may be strong but even I can't beat this feeling... Why can't I just... Forget her.

I hate feeling like this... Sadness it makes me weak... Not for battle but for thinking. I am the Hand of Noxus, I can not afford to be weak but... I can not get Quill out of me head.

Darius: Why did you have to die?... I need to forget you.

I run my face in frustration before glaring at the tri-tower.

Darius: If only it was as easier as it is for Y/N and Jinx.

I grab my axe leaning to the side and I gaze upon the shiny blade that I will no doubt soon cover in blood... The blood of my enemies. Or more accurately "his" enemies since he has been sending me out a lot lately and I do not even know why.

Darius: What are you hiding from me... Grand General?

I am the the Hand of Noxus, I should know why he keeps sending me out to scout the area... I don't even know what I am looking for. I get up and begin walking through the streets leaning my axe on my shoulder. I stop as I hear running footsteps far behind me.

Soldier: Commander?!

I turn to face a soldier that I have fought side by side with a few times but haven't seen in a while.

Darius: What is it?

Soldier: The grand general wishes to speak with you in his office.

Darius: Really? Well it's about damn time.

I storm off towards the grand general's estate with a calm expression on my face. If this isn't about the scouting missions he keeps sending me on, I'll not do anything he says until I get answers.

(Timeskip - An hour later)

I finally arrive at the estate and follow some guards to his office where I see the man sitting writing something that most likely does not concern me.

Darius: You wished to see me, grand general?

Grand General: Yes... You have probably been wondering why I have been sending you and many others scouting the area outside of the city... Or am I mistaken?

Darius: No you are not... Sir.

Grand General: It has come to my attention recently that one of my personal guards has stolen one of the artefacts from the treasury... The culprit has finally been located at the edge of Noxus in a cave.

Darius: And I am to kill him and return the artefact?

Grand General: If you must but I would like to know who hired him but only if he does not resist. I want you and a few of your soldiers back before the sun next rises.

Darius: As you command grand general.

I turn to leave and as soon as I leave the estate I begin scouting the area looking for a few of my best men to take with me to hunt down this traitor.

(Timeskip - Two hours later)

Me and three of me best men head south each armed and ready for any trap they spring providing the traitor is not working alone. I don't he is... Only a fool would rob the treasury without assistance.

Soldier (1): Commander, may I ask a question?

I turn to see my second in command riding on my left.

Darius: You may.

Soldier (1): This artefact he stole... Should we be wary of it being used against us?

Darius: It is unlikely... Only me, the grand general and the faceless one know of it's use... But there is a chance that the traitor has a mage capable of deciphering it's use.

Soldier (2): It's use?

Darius: If I remember correctly it raises the dead... But only for a moment.

Soldier (3): Sounds pretty useless... Commander.

Darius: Perhaps... The grand general seems to think otherwise.

The four of continue to ride across the rocky plains until we see the cave in sight. Me and my men dismount from our horses and the them to a dead tree nearby.

Darius: Delta go around see if there is anyone behind the cave entrance.

Soldier (2): Yes sir!

After Delta discovers there is no one behind the cave I lead the group into the cave where we find the traitor talking with what looks like a half naked man wearing nothing but a loin cloth and a cape.

Darius: Traitor surrender or die!

Caesar my second in command points his crossbow at the traitor while Romulus points his at the stranger. Me and Delta hold tight grips on our axes. The traitor stares in fear as he raises his hands.

Stranger: Put your hands down you fool... Commander Darius you came with so few men... That was a mistake.

The strange loin cloth man raises his staff and fires several balls of what I believe to be acid at me and my men. We dash out the way but Romulus isn't so lucky as his face is completely dissolved by the acid and he dies in agony.

Darius: Charge!

I rush towards the timid traitor and the strange mage with Delta close behind me and Caesar at the back managing to kill the traitor with a few bolts but he is unable to avoid the incoming balls of acid as he too dies in great pain. I road in frustration dodging ball after ball.

Darius: I will end you!

The strange mage claps his hands as the ground begins to shake causing me to struggle to hold my ground while Delta falls to the ground. The stranger taps his staff on the ground and rocky spikes shoot out of the ground piercing Delta's body leaving only me.

Stranger: Even you are no match for magic, Darius!

Darius: I will not fall!

I run faster then I have ever run before avoiding the spikes coming out of the ground. I leap into the air raising my axe high above my head and road in anger as the strange mage raises his staff in front of him creating a protective barrier around him.

Darius: For Noxus!

I slam my axe down as hard as I can and shatter his barrier and slice through his skull and body as if he we're bitter and with his death I avenge my men. Even in victory my enemy was right... I should have brought more... Or perhaps I should have come along.

Darius: Where is the artefact?

(Timeskip - Three hours later)

I finally return to the Immortal bastion and enter the grand general's estate office.

Darius: Three of my men perished but both the traitor and his mage partner are dead.

Grand General: And the artefact?

Darius: No where to be found, sir. I checked both of their bodies and the whole face and found nothing not even a note.

Grand General: How... Unfortunate. Leave me.

Darius: As you wish.

I leave his estate and walk through the streets of the Immortal bastion wondering who could be behind all of this. Suddenly a portal that looks like a Hexgate but smaller and in the middle of the street. Two people appear.

Darius: Y/N?

Next part - 'Into The Arena'