Act 22 (2/3): 'I Love Demon Assassins'

Author: Stay positive... Or neutral... Or negative... Whatever you prefer.

You look up at Ekko with a blank expression as he looks down at you awkwardly.

Y/N: Either kiss me or get off me.

Ekko: Oh right... Sorry.

Ekko quickly gets up and then reaches his hand down for you. You grab his hand and he pulls you off the ground as the four trolls roar. You look to the trolls with determination.

Y/N: It's my time to shine... No wait I've said that already.

Vi: Sorry but I can't let you fight.

Y/N: What now?

Vi pushes you backwards into Ekko and the two of you crash against the wall and fall to the floor. You somehow end up below Ekko once again.

Y/N: I think someone is trying to send us a message.

Ekko: I highly doubt that.

Once more Ekko stands up and helps you up.

Y/N: Your loss.

Vi slams her gauntlets together before rushing at the trolls. Camille flies at the far right one using her wires as Caitlyn goes to check on a panicking Jinx.

Jinx: They were here. It's a girl... My girl... She's gone. She's gone.

Caitlyn grabs Jinx by the arms.

Caitlyn: Calm down... It's going to be alright.

Jinx: Syrup's gone... She's mine. She's gone and she's in me.

Caitlyn looks at the very worried Jinx with a confused gaze.

Caitlyn: What are you saying?

Jinx: Syrup is my... Daughter.

Caitlyn's eyes widen in surprise and awe. Ekko sees the panicking Jinx and he feels a piece of guilt stab his heart. Vi blocks a punch from one of the trolls with her gauntlets and is sent scrapping across the floor. Once she recovers she bounces at the troll slamming it backwards into another troll.

Ekko taps your shoulder as you watch the fight with envy oblivious to Jinx panicking. You turn to Ekko with curiosity.

Y/N: Yeah?

Ekko: Zilean told me about the time traveling girl.

Y/N: You mean Syrup? (Just for the record, Syrup was supposed to be a made up name to protect time but I actually like it)

Jinx turns to look at you and Ekko upon hearing the mention of her time traveling and yet to be born child.

Ekko: Her name's Syrup?

Y/N: Yeah it's neat isn't it?

Ekko: I guess...

Ekko shakes his head.

Ekko: That's not important right now... You're supposed to die today and Zilean said saving you is a danger to the timeline.

Y/N: You mean time circle.

Ekko: What?

Y/N: Clocks are round... Therefore time is a circle.

Ekko: Whatever the point is... Those assassins are supposed to kill you and if you don't time could fracture. Do you enjoy Jinx being in danger?

Y/N: Not really.

Ekko: Then you have to let the assassins kill you... I don't want you dead but I won't risk everyone I care about as well as every innocent person.