Chapter 35

Saturday November 1 2014

Boy its been a while since I’ve written in this thing! Time to catch up…

One, ever since Alex and I got rid of the whole situation with Paul at work, things have been awesome for us. I contacted the Human Resources department a day after, and they had Paul gone from the studio, and I haven't seen or heard from him since. Which is fine by me.

Two, so since things have been absolutely great between Alex and I, we’ve become pretty much inseparable. Theres rarely any nights that arent spent together, either him staying at my house, or me at his. It’s perfect. Waking up and seeing his brown eyes looking at me with his dishevelled hair, and his scruffy little beard. He said he feels great waking up to me almost every day as well. In fact, I overheard him on the phone with Zack the other day saying that he might ask me to move in soon…time will tell on that one.

 Actually tonight he’s over at my house. He leaves for a 5 week long tour tomorrow to continue the promotion of Nothing Personal with the support of Hey Monday, a pop-punk band that Rian and Zack found out about at a local club show a few months ago. Once again, Alex asked me if I could watch after his dogs again while he was away, and I agreed. There was one thing that I left out of that conversation, but he’ll find out soon enough…

———————

*2 weeks later*

Alex’s POV

I woke up, but didn't quite open my eyes yet. I reached out beside me to grab onto my girlfriend, until my hands hit a wall. I opened my eyes for a second, and I remembered that I was in my bunk…on tour…without Rachel.

This time it seemed harder on me. Me and her were like the power couple. When we were together at home, its like someone super-glued us together because I’d say 90% of the time, we were together. It’s hard without her here. We do stay in constant contact though. Through Skype calls, texts, and all that other communication, so at least technology is on my side. But distance is not.

I realized that since I was now awake, there was probably no chance of me falling back asleep now, so I grabbed my phone beneath my pillow to check the time. The brightness made my eyes close for a second before I read the time, 10:05am, and saw I had a few texts, one being from my girlfriend.

Hey superstar! You’re probably still asleep, but I’m awake! Just gonna let you know that I’m pretty busy at work today so I might not be in contact as much, but I’m thinking of you ;) Maybe I’ll talk to you later tonight

I smiled at the text, and saw that it was sent at 8:15am…she had told me that she’s working long days lately with a country artist so they start early mornings and end in the evening. She’s a hard worker, that’s for sure. I quickly typed a reply, then kicked the wall above me…Jack’s bunk.

“Dude! Wake up! We got interviews today!” I said in my groggy morning voice. I then exited my bunk, started the coffee maker, and woke up the rest of the bus.

——————

Rachel’s POV

“Okay, you guys be good!” I said to Sebastian and Peyton as I dropped them and their stuff at Alex’s dog walker, Carla’s house.

“They like it at my house, so no need to worry about anything. How long are you out of town for?” She asked me as the dogs ran inside to get comfortable.