Chapter 13

Alex’s POV

I was starting to get my stuff together around noon. I was going to go to my house to grab my things before leaving for Rian’s house later on in the afternoon.

“Well, thank you Rachel for making me forget about my disappointment from last night. I think I had more fun with you here than I would’ve had at the concert…maybe just a little bit more fun than playing the show” I said giving her a wink and she smiled widely at me making me wish I could stay even just for a bit longer with her.

“I’m kinda glad you did come before we were supposed to leave for your show or else I would've been all alone and bored during the blackout, so thanks for coming too” She said opening her front door.

I smiled back at her, this was gonna be so hard, but, I just won’t tell her.

“So I’ll see you around then?” I said as we exited her house and stood on the porch.

“Yeah, of course” she said and we both leaned in for a hug and I held her a bit tighter than usual enjoying the moment. We left each other’s arms and I headed for my car, putting it in reverse and then driving away, both of us waving to each other until I turned the corner and was out of sight.

———————

*2 Days Later* (Tuesday)

Rachel’s POV

Monday went normal, as per usual, except one of my constants seemed to be missing. Alex. He wasn't riding the train yesterday morning and evening. He probably had the day off work, or so that’s what I thought, but he was missing yet again this morning. I kept myself occupied though by people watching and occasionally going through things on my phone.

When I arrived to work I was greeted by Emma, who also was absent in my life yesterday because her and her family were celebrating her grandmother’s 99th birthday in Minnesota on the weekend, but she came back late last night. Boy I wish to live to 99 years old.

“Hey Rachel! How’s it going? How was the show with Alex?”

“Hey! And well actually, the whole ‘show’ didn't exactly happen. We uh, stayed at my house in the dark all night.”

“Wait what? How did that happen?!” she said to me with a shocked expression and wide eyes.

“Well, the blackout hit Maryland this weekend and Alex came to my house and we were planning on going to the show together since I didn't know where the venue was and if there was parking close. Anyway, so we were just hanging out before we had to leave and then the power went out and even the venue’s power went out too so we hung around my house all night and got a good buzz going on” I said laughing a little at the end.

“Sounds fun!” Emma said giggling at me, “Oh by the way this band called All Time Low called this morning and they're coming to work with you today.”

My eyes bugged out and if I was drinking something I would've definitely choked on it just then, “what the hell? What?!”

She laughed at me, “I’m kidding! Just wanted to see how you would react”

I sighed at her, shaking my head, “well actually since you mentioned them, I didn’t see Alex yesterday or this morning. Usually if he’s not working he goes to his bandmate Jack’s house…” I said trailing off trying to think where he could've been.

“Well he is in a band, maybe he’s on tour?” 

“I dont think so, he would've told me about something like that. I know that if I had to leave for a while I’d tell him…Maybe I’ll text him later.”