Chapter 43

(A/N: I've skipped through time a bit you'll notice)

Rachel's POV

"Come on Alex, I wanna go for a walk in the park with the dogs today!" I begged and nudged Alex's shoulder from where he sat on a chair at our kitchen table, pen in hand, writing anything that came to his mind.

"Rachel, you've worked with bands before, you of all people should know that songwriting can take a while and I gotta concentrate" he replied in a slightly frustrated tone.

For the past 2 weeks, he's been waking up early and sitting himself down at the same chair at the kitchen table for practically 9 hours everyday writing new songs. He's committed to the band, I'll tell you that.

"Alexander Gaskarth, it is a beautiful summer day outside. You've come from touring for months then straight on lockdown to writing new songs for weeks now, at least take some off time to clear your head. Maybe then the lyrics will find a way into your head."

"Fine, just give me today to work on the songs I'm trying to figure out and then tomorrow we'll do something."

I walked away from the kitchen to go upstairs, but yelling back to Alex, "you better keep that promise!"

——————

Monday July 6, 2015

This guy might just be too focused on the band. I obviously understand that it's his job and he loves everything about being a musician, but the man hasn't seen daylight in too long. Plus, the band had been on tour for nearly half the year so far, so him and the guys have been cooped up inside for even longer than anyone should ever be. It had been slightly hard knowing that they were going to be away for so long, but when they came back home at the end of June, all the missed time was made up for.

It was strange because you'd think that I would have seen Alex the most since they got home, when actually I saw Rian the most. I was working on a couple of songs with Hey Monday and of course throughout time Rian and Cassadee became official and they stuck together like cookie dough and chocolate chips...always together, so thats why I saw Rian so much.

Well since Alex doesn't want to be bothered with his writing today, I might as well call Cassadee and see if she wants to go do something :)

——————

*the next day*

Alex's POV

"Is that a smile I see on your face?" Rachel looked up at me as we walked hand in hand around downtown Baltimore.

"Yeah so?" I asked looking back at her.

"It's nice to see a smile on your face rather than frustration when you're trying to write good lyrics"

"Thanks for everything we did today babe" I squeezed her hand back enjoying the day out with her. She was right (of course), I needed a good day off like this.

I had planned for her and I to have dinner at this popular pub downtown that I'd been to with the guys once before. They had awesome burgers, fries, and booze. Man I could use a good drink right now, its hot as hell out in the sun. Once we arrived we were sat at a table on the patio and I immediately ordered an ice cold beer. We took a taxi downtown so I didn't have to worry about getting behind a wheel after this.

"Christy! Christy, wait what are you doing?" Rachel and I were brought out of our conversation when a man, who looked like a douchebag guy just over the fence from the restaurants patio started yelling across the street to a woman, who we assumed was his wife.